Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 10:49 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Krisb60
Explorer
Options

I reported the problem today via chat support (Samsung UK) and my unit will be collected in a few days for repair 

Gilbertoo
Journeyman
Options

...and I was simply highlighting that people were right to be miffed and were right to push Samsung for a solution.  Had people been patient, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't be offered the repairs today.  I'm also pointing out that you seem to advocate patience...except not when it comes to your own circumstances.  Hypocrisy much?

And no, I acted quickly and already have my unit in for repair.  I'm grateful to all the people who promptly (read: impatiently) prompted Samsung to act.

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Yup Gilbertoo, you're spot on, hadn't Scotchbaz gotten the ball rolling and not before many threatening to boycott the brand did we finally get anywhere...

I still reckon the vast majority will be clueless to this being a worldwide problem and shall umwittingly bin their systems, Samsung won't release a media statement, fix for the few (on grand scheme of the total number of people impacted) and sweep the rest under the carpet...

Good luck on your fix, that goes for you too Jules, hope you get things sorted out princess, thank you for all your help.

Seems the USA clients are waiting for a downloadable solution, I don't see how this can be possible, needs a human touch.

Good luck to all and many thanks for sharing your experiences which without this, I would still be stumbling around in the dark.

I'll repost once i've had contact about an uplift and will keep you posted on any updates or reported timeframe for repair...
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

For the people living in Holland.

20200624_205541.jpg

Z1fn4b
Student
Options

Just called with Samsung Support (NL) the Netherlands, after 10 minutes I got the answer they know and aknowledge the problems but can't take the hardware in for repair, there will be a software (firmware?) update. ETA unknown ...

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Hey ZnF...

I don't think you guys n girls in the Netherlands will have much longer to wait before they offer you the same collection and repair as UK..

Samsung were telling us all here on UK forum the very same thing, that they would attempt update without need for collection/repair.

Once the message filters through, they will offer you guys the same deal.

I'm guessing you have already explained to Samsung NL Team that UK customers are now receiving this offer, that will prompt them to kick it upstairs so you guys get the same treatment.

Frustrating as it is but Jules was right, just need to keep on at them.  I was turned down first attempt but on second attempt it went through fine.  Be prepared, they will ask you for the Model Number AND the long S/N code before they book you in so take a note of the number so you're not scrambling around for it or if you're not at home when you make your next attempt.

I made my successful attempt in a Samsung Online Chat rather than a phone call...

PugetSoundEquine
First Poster
Options

Don't think it was a thunderstorm in the UK.  We're in Washington (state that is) in US and ours went kaput w/ constant restart also.  No reset buttons work. 

Gemain
Pioneer
Options

Hello everybody and sorry to bother, i am trying to gather french customers in order to create a database, in case samsung cannot provide acceptable solution in France.

Bonjour,

J'ai vu que plusieurs d'entre nous avaient contacté l'association HOP (Halte à l'obsolescence programmée).

Nous sommes tous dans l'attente de Samsung qui travaille sur une façon de remédier au problème.

Dans l'hypothèse où cela ne puisse pas être possible, je souhaiterais que l'on puisse commencer à s'organiser tous ensemble.

Je propose de commencer à créer une base de données pour recenser le nombre d'utilisateurs ainsi que le nombre de systèmes concernés.

J'ai créé une adresse mail dont je suis pas autorisé à donner l'adresse dans ce forum mais que vous pouvez trouver ici :

https://m.facebook.com/100035967952457/posts/278929949982601/?notif_id=1593003430666407&notif_t=stor...

Nous sommes actuellement 19

J'ai préparé un fichier sous google drive.

Je propose à toute personne intéressée d'envoyer un e-mail à cette adresse.
Je répondrais avec un lien vers la google sheet ainsi qu'un numéro pour savoir quelle ligne remplir.

Je n'ai aucune idée du nombre d'utilisateurs et je fais cela bénévolement sur mon temps libre donc il est possible que je mette un peu de temps à répondre.

On verra l'évolution par la suite, l'idée est surtout de d'abord créer une base de données. Peut être cela sera inutile si samsung solutionne le problème!

Trinderbox
Explorer
Options

You were most fortunate. I did the same online chat this afternoon in the UK, and it was a "we'll get back to you reply...." with a 7 working day contact us again "if you haven't heard anything" caveat.

It all depends upon whom you get. Mine was Covid 19 working from home. Shouldn't make a difference but.....

Hey ho!

I live in hope.

£300 for an equivalent LG 5.1 blu ray home cinema with speakers, thats the alternative.

Best of luck everybody, we're in for the long haul!

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Try again tomorrow Tinderbox, be adamant that you are aware of other owners arranging free collection and uplift, the girl I spoke with today was my 2nd attempt on a live online chat, she too said she was working from home.

Screenshot_20200624-230100_Gmail.jpg