Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 05:31 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Rj-w
Student
Options
Update as of 6/24/2020:

Contacted Samsung Support:
1. They first advised that it could be scheduled for free repair, by following a link to US support (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/).
However, this link only provides options for non-home theaters, i.e., Phone, Tablets, Appliances and Televisions.
Re-opened chat, and was given the same link again

2. I tell them this, and I am routed to a Care Pro expert who asked a number of questions regarding my device, when the issue occurred, what was I doing, etc.

3. I am told to check back in 4-5 days, as this is a known issue, but no ETA.

My thoughts, chat with Samsung, get something in writing that you can reference and keep for future discussions.
0 Likes
Sparks5
Student
Options

My ht-j4500 has got the boot cycle as well. IM in Ottawa Canada. 

Gruff
Explorer
Options

@Gilbertoo wrote:

"Sit and wait and you might miss it"

In other words, don't be patient?  :winking-face:

I have only ever said be patient and wait for Samsung to produce a solution. For me, that is what they have done. I do not see any logical reason to ignore the offer of a free pickup and repair. If, as I suspect, it is the only way to sort this problem out. The bootloop is too quick for a software fix and probably means that an 'over the internet' firmware fix will not work either. Do you think Samsung would offer free repairs if there was a simpler, cheaper way to do it? You are obviously not really bothered about getting your system fixed. You are probably the type of person who, if you see someone giving away free ice cream will patiently sit and wait in the vain hope that they may start giving away 2 free ice creams. Well a free fix is a free fix, what is better than that?

0 Likes
dlr188
Apprentice
Options

Just chatted in to US support and I didn't get a repair offer, I was told that an update is set to release on Friday.

B12558
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

same problem in FRANCE with my HT-J5550W. How can we solve this issue on this model in FRANCE

Patrick1963eu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks @dlr188

Let's hope that's the correct info.

MookytheMooch
Journeyman
Options

I just spoke to an online person/bot and have arranged an 'appointment' where someone is going to be in touch within 48 hours. 

It's not the 'our bad. What can we do to fix it?' That I was hoping for - it was more ' it's a problem with a small number of units', 'let me check your serial number to see if you qualify' and 'we'll only repair the specific fault for free, everything else is chargeable'. When it should have been more of a 'we'll fix it for you and service the machine for free' kind of 'tude. 

Hopefully we're on the right track. Not convinced that the 'appointment' means I'll be getting my sweet surround sound back anytime soon. 

Not really bothered- I forked out for a Sony system that does the job but I'm interested to see if Samsung are a 'do the right thing' company or a 'blah blah blah corporate blah blah-blah'. That'll be the reason why I either go back to Samsung or blacklist them for life. 

For anyone that cares, I'll update on how successful/disappointing things get... 

Kev21
Explorer
Options

So I'm confused. After being told to wait for a fix to be sent remotely, or further info via email, we now have to contact Samsung UK to arrange a repair? 

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Finally got my system booked in for a free uplift, repair and return through UK...

I'm glad for 2 reasons.. 

1) I get my surround back at some point, onboard stereo speakers on my samsung 65" are underwhelming.  

2) I don't need to read anymore dross from Gruff swaying off on wild tangents about people giving away free ice cream...

Gruff (Guff) you tainted what has been a highly successful campaign to get our systems up and running and all thanks to Scotchbaz for startup on thread...

Scotch, next time you're in Glasgow, I owe you a pint I believe...

Guff...  Enjoy the ice cream man!

lg13mza
Journeyman
Options

Can we just stay on topic and play nicely?

We are all in the same boat here!

🤷‍♂️