Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 04:27 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Rocky897
Apprentice
Options

Living in Germany, I just chatted with German Support. They told me that an update will be send out to the players (H- and J-series) or I will get an email with further instructions. Due the fact I have contacted Samsung Germany via Chat, they now have my email and are able to support me with further information. They also sent me the link to the German Support forum: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/Blu-ray-Player-der-HT-BD-J-Serie-Bootloop-Schleife-G...

Norbi79
Journeyman
Options

Contact to samsung trough chat, they will book yr player for repair, free of charge. they book a collaction from us. I contacted samsung uk as im in the uk

MadPat
Explorer
Options

Just got off the line from live chat @ support and they are organising collection for repair, an excellent experience

CSBrennan
Apprentice
Options

Just been on live chat & had similar experience to a few. After checking my model was on their list, hey have said they will arrange collection & repair foc  for this issue only. I am in the UK & model was  HT J5500 XU.

Persist with them, as it appears Samsung support are now aware & have a protocol to get this sorted.

I hope you all get a similar positive response now.

I await a call collection & repair.

Gruff
Explorer
Options

@CSBrennan wrote:

Just been on live chat & had similar experience to a few. After checking my model was on their list, hey have said they will arrange collection & repair foc  for this issue only. I am in the UK & model was  HT J5500 XU.

Persist with them, as it appears Samsung support are now aware & have a protocol to get this sorted.

I hope you all get a similar positive response now.

I await a call collection & repair.

Same here, had the offer of collection and repair. 

Everyone

I'm not the sort of person who says "I told you so" but patience is not just a card game😎😎😎

Gilbertoo
Journeyman
Options

But don't you see that you yourself aren't being particularly patient by booking in a repair....why not wait, given you seemed so concerned with Samsung's capacity to help during lockdown...?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Clearly it  has been a developing  situation  but seems that the guidance has now changed and Samsung Support should be aware.  Has been a bit frustrating but glad a few members in Uk/Ireland  have been able to arrange a repair. I would advise that others  with a qualify model  get in touch in due course (including those who tried previously)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gruff
Explorer
Options

@Gilbertoo wrote:

But don't you see that you yourself aren't being particularly patient by booking in a repair....why not wait, given you seemed so concerned with Samsung's capacity to help during lockdown...?

They have a list of models they are offering this service to. Perhaps they are ones that could not be fixed by a different method. It is not impatient to accept an offer of free pickup and repair. It may be a limited offer, sit and wait and you might miss it🤔🤔🤔

Gilbertoo
Journeyman
Options

"Sit and wait and you might miss it"

In other words, don't be patient?  :winking-face:

Edin_tz
Apprentice
Options
Being Bosnian is quite a bad luck...:(