Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 03:15 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Gruff
Explorer
Options

@cup-of-tea wrote:

Yes it's been a week. 

Have you, by any chance, been watching a TV programme called... oh, what's it's name?... oh yes, "The News". If you had yopu woulkd have realiosed the world is in the middle of a global pandemic. Everywhere is operating at a reduced capactity.

The issue with our players is clearly a software issue. Do you know how easy it is to have a puncuation mark in the wrong place or  enter the wrong value? Once it's been found, a solution has to be devised... and then the hard work begins, a fix has to be worked out. A fix that even the most un-technically minded has to be able to do.

... and all that is expected in just a few days?

I'm with you there. I am fed up with the OTT attitude of people with no patience, who can't be bothered to read the whole thread. I know there is a lot to read but there is a lot of useful information. I posted, on Friday, that Samsung were aware of the issue and were working on a solution. I am fully aware, as you are, that the worst thing they could do is rush a 'fix' out that has not been fully tested and '*****-proofed'. Everybody should calm down and wait. Talk of trashing your machine because it is currently a brick, or impulse buying a replacement is patently premature. These people will then complain when Samsung produce a fix. If only they had patience and had waited.

BenJammin72
Apprentice
Options

Agreed, it will be fixed when it's fixed. it cant be helped. 

Now im trying to work out how to stop all the emails pinging in.....

Aale
First Poster
Options

From uk here too. I have encountered the exact same issue with my bluray system since last week. I am now of the belief that it is due to a recent software update I downloaded and not the driv/hardware itself as we all have different systems.

I checked the samsung website, it took me to the Australian website which discussed this exact issue and said it could be one of three issues:

1) reader (cleaned)

2) the software (updated before)

3) the hardware (unsure)

I also called customer service and they said they are aware of the issue and are investigating. 

Gilbertoo
Journeyman
Options

To be fair, an awful lot of people are more reliant on home entertainment during the lockdown so to be without it will genuinely make things more difficult for people.

Samsung should have tested this properly.  They didn't so people are quite right to be feel peeved about this.

Gruff
Explorer
Options

@BenJammin72 wrote:

Agreed, it will be fixed when it's fixed. it cant be helped. 

Now im trying to work out how to stop all the emails pinging in.....

Just remove this topic from your subscriptions. You can still follow it normally, but don't get all the emails😀😀😀

Gruff
Explorer
Options

@Gilbertoo wrote:

To be fair, an awful lot of people are more reliant on home entertainment during the lockdown so to be without it will genuinely make things more difficult for people.

Samsung should have tested this properly.  They didn't so people are quite right to be feel peeved about this.

I'm 'peeved' that this has happened, but I still have the patience to wait for a solution 🤔🤔🤔

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Gruff if it wasn't for tbe peeved users and the vadt majority of us whom posted and phoned samsung direct to be told they were u aware of any issues, patience wouldn't come into it, Samsung would have swept it under carpet, most of us spent Thur through to Monday before Samsung finally came clean...

Not about patience, it's about lies and lack of integrity, i, like vast majority an not going to destroy my system but instead wait "patiently" for a fix that is highly unlikely materialise...

This is the reason many of us us have taken the approach that we will simply cease to purchase Samsung hardware if no fix appears, not being petty or impatient but rather go with a company whom doesn't prompt many like samsubg have informed, including myself to take my item to a subcontracted electrical company for a £60 callout fee +repair cost (even though and engineer cannot repair this fault at this time)

An upfront statement would have been fine rather than me having to make 3 seperate calls to Milan to be told the same thing, tgat they were not aware of any issues with their hardware.

You feel free to go on purchasing Samsung goods, bobody stopping you but we'll see.if your patience shines through when the next glitch affevting their large screen TV's hits and they are telling you they haven't heard of any issues.

Enjoy
Solution
AntS
Options

Cheers guys!

Update on this. Statement we've just received for UK & Ireland users is:

"Samsung is aware of an issue affecting a small number of devices causing them to be continuously rebooting.  If we recognise your model as one that is potentially affected then we are happy to offer a Free of Charge repair to rectify this issue only, once confirmed by our nominated Authorised Service Centre."

In other words, it's best to get in touch with the Samsung Audio/Visual Support teams directly, and they will advise/assist you from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I've also marked this post as the  topic 'solution' to make it easier for folks to see. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, just spoke with Samsung agent, contrary to advice given here, i've been told to sit tight and keep checking Samsungs page for an update. So don't jump on the phone just yet, still bo change and no bookings being taken to get hardware in for repair
Jules01
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I’ve just been given pretty much the same advice from Samsung too.