Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 01:29 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
bigblueamazon
Explorer
Options

Mine is a BD-H6500 (smart 3D blu ray player).

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Cup of Tea, you obv work for Samsung 😂😂
The main issue we are most angered at had been the denial from Samsung that a problem even exists up until a couple if days ago, also lack of statement from them online or on news, also covering up the issue at office level when customers calling so rather than read the news, maybe sit down, have a "cup of tea" and read through our almost 60 pages worth of -ve experiences...
MishM73
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I’m in the UK. Mine is the HT J4500. Started last Thursday.

cup-of-tea
Apprentice
Options

Thery have told those that matter a solution is being workres on. For most of us that's, that's enough.... for now.

But i feel i have to re-etterate that its not a simple thing. Think of a 70 year old that lasty month plumped for one of these players and has only just mastered the wonders of the "Play" button, do you think a user like that even knows how a USB dongle solution (for example) would work? Any solution has to require as little consumer imteracrtion as possible.... and that needs time - certainly longer than a week.. running on a skeleton staff.

Now, let's say if samsung had a press release in the news. Would that placate everyone? No, you would have people complaing and our devices would still take as long to fix.

On a personal level. I'm a shielded patient. Thanks to a stroke, i'm limeted to only having functional use of 1 arm and very limited walking ability. My entire anti-boredom regime is watching blu-rays and this PC.... yet am i railing at samsung? Am i threatening even increasing legal action? No, i know what they have to do and im giving them time.

Krisb60
Explorer
Options

HT-J5500/XU

UK

Dave81
Student
Options

Same issue here:

In the UK with an HT-J4500.

It's been malfunctioning since last Thursday.

LouisFromFrance
Apprentice
Options

Même probleme en France ! j'ai un Home cinéma HT-J4200 qui à les memes Symptômes depuis jeudi 18 Juin 2020 ! De plus, je n'ai plus de son , je suis obligé de regarder la TV en mode son TV !

Same problem in France ! I have a Home Theater HT-J4200 which has the same Symptoms since Thursday June 18, 2020! In addition, I have no more sound, I have to watch TV in TV sound mode!

LouisFromFrance
Apprentice
Options

Same problem in France! I have a HT-J4200 Home Theater that has had the same symptoms since Thursday June 18, 2020! In addition, I have no sound, I have to watch TV in TV sound mode!

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
HT-J4550
RonUK
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, unfortunately experiencing that same issue in the UK since Monday. Model BD-5900