Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 09:23 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
MookytheMooch
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here in Cornwall, UK. Come on Samsung. Please make this right.

OzascoMD
Journeyman
Options

It is what makes me more sad and desperate... the naff speakers that I need to use meanwhle specially because my HT-J5500 was purchased only with this purpose, it is one of the few HT in a box out there...

feganj
First Poster
Options

Same problem here in Ontario- Canada - Samsung HT-J4500 Home Theatre unit has been re-cycling for the past few days.

I have plugged into Ethernet/ was set for auto download any updates - so assume based on all of these users having issues this is the root cause.

Samsung - help !! 

Stefan505
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my HT-J4500k. I am from South Africa. Also had it plugged in via Ethernet and it stopped working around 2020-06-17T18:00Z. 

MadPat
Explorer
Options

BDJ5500 bluray player, fine last night, restart fault as everyone here this morning, in the UK, connected via lan. So very very dissapointed with Samsung right now

Rbrauner
First Poster
Options

Been having the same problem. Sounds like Samsung tried a global update and it failed. Have yet been able to get through to support.

Daniel861
First Poster
Options

Same here in Holland. Ht j4550 keeps restarting.

cg15
Apprentice
Options

Thought I'd add my poor HT to the growing list of casualties.

UK, 2018 HT-J5500 bricked sometime on Saturday or Sunday night.  

Great HT, worked perfectly the day before and now none of the functions work.  The unit just keeps trying to load (an empty) drive over and over.  No time to get to the menus or anything.

Seems to be a very poor response from Samsung - c'mon sort it out! 

artmanjohn
Explorer
Options

This really started about 5 days ago, you just now used your machine last night and your machine quite working last night. Samsung has been aware of this issue since the beginning, so why is this firware, or what ever it is, still getting into folks Blu-Rays? They've had five days to turn this thing off and/or stop it so it won't hurt anyone else?

artmanjohn
Explorer
Options
I just went out and bought a new Sony 3D Blu-Ray player, love my Samsung but this is too much, I'll never purchase another Samsung product in my life, I just don't like the way Samsung is dodging this issue. I'm out of 250 bucks I spent on my Samsung Player, maybe watched 25 movies on it, plus another 200 plus dollars on the Sony player I just bought. Been an expensive week considering I'm not working and stuck at home because of Covid-19.
Show less