Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 05:21 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
BrianF69
Student
Options

Add me to the list.  My HT-J4500 went all goofy with the same symptoms as well.   USA.  Haven't used it for a few days and turned it on today to discover it was all jacked up.  I don't remember doing any firmware updates, but they might be automatic.  What's up with that, Samsung?

mastersri
First Poster
Options

My blueray disk player is stuck too

dsb124
First Poster
Options

Same exact symtoms, started Thursday June 18 afternoon in US EDT. DVD was working fine a few hours earlier.

Tried Soft Reset. Nothing.

Tried Hard Reset. Did not work.

Was hoping for something maybe on thumb drive to nuke the thing and start over. Samsung? Help please.

BrianF69
Student
Options

To everyone with the HT-J4500 problems.....I just had an online chat with a Samsumg tech.  Naturally they suggested unplugging it for 30 seconds.  I'm way ahead of you.  Did that several times plus the reset.  No joy.  The response was basically, "oh, I'm sorry about that you must have the blu-ray bug".   Yeah, you mean the one that has generated over 50 pages of complaints?  So Samsung is very much aware of the problem, but they don't have a solution for it yet.  I was told that when they DID have a fix, it would be on the support page for the model as a firmware download, and just whack it in with a USB stick.  Unfortunately, no idea when that's going to happen, and they won't send me an e-mail either.  So just have to keep checking for a new firmware update.

Cheers

Jay86
Explorer
Options

The thing I still don't understand is how are they going to fix this. IF they really are. Since the boot-load-shutdown cycle is too quick to be able to press anything on the remote. While in order to plug in the USB and push the new update on to the piece of brick we need access to the set up option. It's waiting game. But I have a doubt. 

Lupone
Apprentice
Options

Samsung, please, we waiting for an answer. We are in trouble and we can use ours devices regularly payed!!!

Lupone
Apprentice
Options

Can’t!! Obviously 🙄 

Kenright
First Poster
Options

Same thing in Southern California...started last night. I have a feeling a Class Action Lawsuit may arise from this. I mostly use my system for music and watching TV cause my TV speakers Sucked. Not sure what kind of fix it will take but I hope it is soon.

Sophie12
First Poster
Options

Mine is going exactly the same, started yesterday! Help!!!!!!! 

josefalhanga
Explorer
Options

https://lifehacker.com/what-to-do-if-your-samsung-blu-ray-player-stopped-worki-1844121127

"...Samsung says the problem is fixable on its end and that there’s no need for physical repairs at this time, which is good news for those experiencing the annoying bug. Unfortunately, no home remedies have been found yet for those what want to skip the waiting game and solve the problem themselves. Users will have to wait for Samsung to push the fix. We’re not sure when that will be released, nor how users will need to install it, so you’ll want to keep an eye on your email inbox, the Samsung support forums, and Samsung’s official social media accounts for the official word".