Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 10:59 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
D0818
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. It just started and never stops. Have to unplugg

Gruff
Explorer
Options

@kevhol wrote:
I have a BD-J5700/ZA like a couple of my friends have. All 4 of their units started cycling on and off. Mine however has been disconnected from the internet since I bought it at a thrift store at least a year ago. I plugged it into power yesterday and put a DVD in it for good measure. It stayed on the beginning menu until the screen saver kicked in. I pressed the eject button once and the menu came back. No cycling anyway but I can't really do anything without a remote. I am sure not going to plug it into ethernet or connect it to WiFi (when I get a remote) until this is resolved.

The whole world is full of people with remotes, but nothing to use them on 😁😁😁

GytisSid
First Poster
Options

I'm from Lithuania and having same problem. 

My question is - "What will do Samsung to fix that?"

Flintoil
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Rusher82 wrote:

Mine Too stated the boot loop issue on Thursday here in the UK. Now I have to listen to the tv with its naff speakers and not 5.1 surround sound. Hope Samsung gets fix out for this soon

Yep, I'm missing the surround sound more than anything else myself. 

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@angietalley wrote:

Mine is doing the same thing...where is samsung support on this? 😞 

Apparently they're working on it. Although we don't know for sure as no official statement has been released. 

0 Likes
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@kevhol wrote:
I have a BD-J5700/ZA like a couple of my friends have. All 4 of their units started cycling on and off. Mine however has been disconnected from the internet since I bought it at a thrift store at least a year ago. I plugged it into power yesterday and put a DVD in it for good measure. It stayed on the beginning menu until the screen saver kicked in. I pressed the eject button once and the menu came back. No cycling anyway but I can't really do anything without a remote. I am sure not going to plug it into ethernet or connect it to WiFi (when I get a remote) until this is resolved.

Please don't connect to the net. 

0 Likes
Roxnsox
Student
Options

Adding my name to the list. Blu ray ayer started endless rebooting on 6.21.20. Where are you Samsung? I have several Samsung items & have been a longtome loyal customer. Please address this issue!

Kaius
Student
Options

The exact behaviour happened to me yesterday, with a samsung HT-J4530. It's still under warranty, since I bought it one year ago. Luckly I was able to eject the bluray inside... Strangely, the day before I watched a bluray and everything was fine.

Contacted Samsung in Portugal (email and fb), they answered with an automatic message that someone will take care of this and gave me a report number for the case.

Contacted my store, got an automatic message saying that they will look into it (since its under warranty yet).

Did the 10s of stop, eject button, removed all external wires, unplugged... Nothing changed.

Don't know if this is true, but I read a post in a fb group that a german tech was able to stop the bootloop, he's trying to figure how users can do the same with a remote control.

Don't know if I can trust samsung again. The all dnla thing is buggy and the vewdstore is botched.

A pity, since home theatres are not a trend anymore and it's getting incredibly difficult to find them here.

Best of luck everyone

#samsungfail

#evenmybluraygotsick

#bluraypandemic

AllieCastro
First Poster
Options

Mine started doing the exact same thing 2 nights ago. I've had it for maybe 3 years. Went to my local target to get a new one and they were ALL SOLD OUT! This seems to be a much bigger problem and I'm super irritated over it.