Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 09:32 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
pOwl
Explorer
Options

It will have to be some magically formated CD or USB.

Most if not all BD-Jxxxx devices will not upgrade with disk inside the player and USB upgrade is done from the menu. May be, just may be, there is some magic trick how to put device into low-level upgrade which will read disk or USB from boot. Or, may be some magic trick to at least fully hard-reset the device.

Retro
Explorer
Options

Having asked for an update via Twitter DM, they are at least admitting there's an issue, finally. That gives me some hope...not a lot but, some.

Krisb60
Explorer
Options

Don't see how a CD will work as the reboot cycle is too short

ITPro43207
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue is Ohio, USA. Just randomly started on the 16 June 20. I unplugged the unit until today. Still doing it.

Rusher82
Journeyman
Options

Mine Too stated the boot loop issue on Thursday here in the UK. Now I have to listen to the tv with its naff speakers and not 5.1 surround sound. Hope Samsung gets fix out for this soon

themeloit
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone, FL here my HT J4500 was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly start doing the cycling on and off. I tried the reset with the Stop button on the remote and didn't change anything. Any word from Samsung in this issue? 

angietalley
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing the same thing...where is samsung support on this? 😞 

kevhol
First Poster
Options
I have a BD-J5700/ZA like a couple of my friends have. All 4 of their units started cycling on and off. Mine however has been disconnected from the internet since I bought it at a thrift store at least a year ago. I plugged it into power yesterday and put a DVD in it for good measure. It stayed on the beginning menu until the screen saver kicked in. I pressed the eject button once and the menu came back. No cycling anyway but I can't really do anything without a remote. I am sure not going to plug it into ethernet or connect it to WiFi (when I get a remote) until this is resolved.
Carl_R_A
Student
Options

Mine started doing the same last Thursday after work. Talked to Samsung online support Friday and was told to get it repaired. Glad I found this post today as I was starting to look for a replacement. Hope they have a fix soon.

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Not to sound sensationalist here folks, but 5 days of no 5.1, my anger has now turned to a very real fear that there could very well be a hack being engineered as we speak for our considerably more expensive samsung panels, not in the near future, but the evidence points that if they can knock out all of our HT's, they may well try cripple our TV's to spite Samsung further, in the end it will be the consumer whom pays though as we are right now...

I believe the vast majority of you will have done so already, but please disable your auto update on all your Samsung TV's, and remember the kids TV's too!!!  TV and Xbox has been a kids staple during the lockdown, ignore at your peril otherwise they'll be peeling the wallpaper off all over the house for amusement.

In all seriousness though, disable your auto update and if in the future you really need an update due to a player not functioning at current firmware version, get on these forums first to see if any traffic before considering downloading anything from Samsung.

You've all been great with sharing news and replies from experiences and any little comms you have had from Samsung, thank you, strength in numbers is forcing their hand  but until then I recommend damage limitation and worst case scenario buying an alternate brand of tech for your future sound and vision needs (and any other hometech for that matter) if no fix comes to pass..

We've been given lies and contempt by samsung even in the face of tech news and mainstream media reporting to be told they were unaware of any issues, lied to me three times on the phone even though I was seeing many of you good people had phoned Samsung reporting carbon copy symptoms and on home theaters/bluray.

I thought North Korea was supposed to be the secretive of the two!