Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 12:30 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
josefalhanga
Explorer
Options
The same problem with my model HT-J4500 Home cinema. I'm from Madeira (Portugal). It started at 8:30 pm yesterday after noticing that he was not transmitting sound. I turned the device off and when I turned it on again it started to turn on and off repeatedly. Samsung, as a great brand, should have already given a more concrete answer, since the problem is happening with many equipment of their brand.
mediadois
Student
Options

Lol, I'm not surprised! :smiling-face:

How they handle this situation will largely determine whether I buy another Samsung product in the future...

thorpe
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here in Slovakia with my HT-J4550. Worked fine in the morning,  then turned it off. And now in the afternoon, after turning on it keeps cycling through load and no disc. I can swith to BT or aux modes, but that is more or less useless.

Bcollis
Apprentice
Options

I'm wondering if this happened due to a security failure. When was the last time that Samsung put out an update for older models like my 4500? If a hacker got control of the server that our systems call home to, they could have sent out a malicious update to brick our devices.

Has Samsungupset China or North Korea lately?

AlexG3
Journeyman
Options

My HT -5500 is doing the same. If you find a solution please share!

AlexG3
Journeyman
Options

My HT-5500 is doing the same!If you find a solution please share.

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Bcollis wrote:

Has Samsungupset China or North Korea lately?

North Korea is always angry at South Korea, from where Samsung originate.

Dave-13
Apprentice
Options

had this conversation and replies

ht j4500 blu ray / home cinema the same fault as many other people about loop booting which started last thursday only got accepted late sunday night uk time to log on

1:18 PM

Yes Dave, we have had reports about this issue with Blu-ray J series. We already escalated this to our headquarters and that they are now working for the solution. They will be posting further notice on our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/. I can only apologise for the inconvenience.

We are aware of the issue Dave and this is currently under investigation.

1:19 PM

What I can only advise for now is to wait for further update. Rest assured that all account are being tracked that has the same issue.

1:20 PM

so will they email all those with faults about a fix

1:22 PM

Yes Dave, they will be sharing the update on all the accounts that we tracked. However, we cannot guarantee when will be the exact release for the update.

1:24 PM

at least samsung have took note of a fault not just on one or two but world wide with the same fault on the j4500 and other j systems can't be a coincidence

1:27 PM

We can only apologise for the inconvenience Dave. But, rest assured that our engineers are working with an update to be released the soonest possible.