Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 09:41 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
cosimo5683
Explorer
Options

Hi it's an Ht-j5500 very similar to yours, it's not a button but it's a solder or pin inside the reader

punkticke
First Poster
Options

Have had the same problem with my HT-J5550W / EN since last Thursday.

Support currently only provides the following information:

We are working to find a solution as soon as possible.

Alison40
Journeyman
Options

https://twitter.com/AlisonBrannon2/status/1274960584283435008?s=19

Added to Twitter this is ridiculous that nothing is being done/commented by Samsung..   I had a dm from Samsung twitter account saying they were not aware of an issue but an engineer will look into it #samsungfail 

Ryanskies
First Poster
Options

I Have 2 x HTJ5500 which I use as home cinema surround sound system and as a sound system in my home bar. The first system went down on Friday so I grabbed my other unit and that had the same fault the following day, so I new something was not right, hopefully we get some resolution at this would be £££ down the drain. I see people selling these units on Ebay currently I am sure they do not know the Blueray is now useless.  

mediadois
Student
Options

I am also from South Africa and have the same model as you.  

I have tried the ribbon disconnection solution and it doesn't work.  That solution is for when you have a faulty button panel - that's not the case here.

josefalhanga
Explorer
Options

Hi. I have the same problem. I have same model J4500 but I don´t know how to reset it. Can you explain me, please, how to do it?

Best regards

0 Likes
JJvan
Apprentice
Options
No fix yet. We are waiting for Samsung to resolve
Norbi79
Journeyman
Options

Switch off the unit. Then press stop button for 10 sec. 

It's not going to help anyway :smiling-face: 

I have the same unit. 

gkindley
First Poster
Options

Same problem here..