Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 02:15 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Danny56
Journeyman
Options

So I was bored and wanted to see if my j4500 still has network connectivity. It seems that dhcp is affected  as well nothing listed on my router. I was kinda hoping samsung could roll out an update but I doubt if it will be that straightforward :smiling-face: I am using an Ethernet cable connected straight to my router. I tried spamming the eject button to try and interupt the boot loop but to no avail. Like everyone else so frustrated with this and I don't see a solution anytime soon if any!

ryanplym
Apprentice
Options

@Danny56 wrote:

So I was bored and wanted to see if my j4500 still has network connectivity. It seems that dhcp is affected  as well nothing listed on my router. I was kinda hoping samsung could roll out an update but I doubt if it will be that straightforward :smiling-face: I am using an Ethernet cable connected straight to my router. I tried spamming the eject button to try and interupt the boot loop but to no avail. Like everyone else so frustrated with this and I don't see a solution anytime soon if any!

@Danny56 I managed to get brief network connectivity and more time on the menus by inserting a dvd (I used a blank one). The time increased from 2-3 seconds to 10 seconds before rebooting. Unfortunately I was unable to select anything in the menus. Hopefully someone will have better luck using this method.

MvdGeugten
Apprentice
Options

HT-J5550W also bootloop

0 Likes
Saul9015
Apprentice
Options

Same here! Samsung please help! im glad its not just me. was very close on buying a new system a sony possibly.

Nks
Pioneer
Options

@ElNecio wrote:
Friends, time goes on and Samsung is still quiet, let's act now on Twitter en masse, all day today we will use #SamsungFail and tweet with the following topics:

1. Report the problem and show our anger at this situation
2. Require that all HT and Blurays be repaired at no cost to customers
3. Add a short video of your HT and Bluray showing the flaw
4. Criticize Samsung that it has not made a pronouncement in 72hrs.
5. Alert other consumers that any other Samsung device may fail and the brand may not be held responsible (at least so far it has been shown to us)
6. If Samsung still does not speak, then start recommending NO BUY MORE SAMSUNG PRODUCTS

Always mention your country. If anyone has other ideas to include in the tweets, mention it in the comments 👇

We know that the solution can take time, but the biggest annoyance we all have is that there is no official statement from Samsung where they can calm us down by reporting the problem and how it will solve us.

Share this in other forums or communities so that we are more

WE MUST REMAIN UNITED ALL!!

This ^

0 Likes
Martin114
First Poster
Options

I reside in Ohio and my J4500 has a cycling issue also. Tried the reset and no help. Disconnected DVD player and no help.  Not a HDMI or internet issue since both are disconnected. Would be interested in a solution before tossing it out.

0 Likes
Murph264
Journeyman
Options
I too like this Player. I hope they find a solution.
0 Likes
Kuschk
First Poster
Options

I started mine today, same issue you described. I have tried the resets and can't even get to that point. Nothing seems to resolve it.

0 Likes
Jaimelg26
First Poster
Options

I'm in Mexico city. I've had my ht-j5500 for years without an issue. This thursday morning (June 18th,2020) like around 9am it started cycling exactly like in the video, minutes before I was working just fine.

Has anyone been able to sort this out?

I tried all the troubleshooting test, and nothing.

Thoughts??? 

Rj-w
Student
Options

Same! Wife texted me onton 6/18 that audio wasn't working (aux). First time it was used that day. I've tried everything aside from tearing into, but the display is just cycling. Can't even get it to reset. 

Samsung?