Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 10:02 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
OzascoMD
Journeyman
Options

I'm not in the mood to replace it by a soundbar which is a solution that doesn't fulfill my requirements for sound due to  a basic reason: it is a 2.1 on the best cases.

Apart
Apprentice
Options
HT-J5500/XN here, stopped on 19th of June. The Netherlands.
Georgey
Pioneer
Options

I never hard someone to go with the DVD player to repair. (Samsung repairs) 

To see if they can fix it or not.

I'm curious what they will say. Maybe will fix end charge him like 100 pounds.

This way Samsung will make some money in this pandemic 

A strategy to make some extra money  because I don't think someone has extended warranty.

0 Likes
cosimo5683
Explorer
Options

disassembling the reader I discovered that there is a pin called reset. I don't think he's referring. at the reset which is carried out by pressing the stop button for a few seconds but it could be a firmware hard reset. If someone has opened it, check it

JaseA
Student
Options

I have the same issue here in St. Louis, America. Do we have a solution from Samsung yet? (Don't really want to look through pages and pages of responses.)

Thank you, jason

Spartanary8
Explorer
Options
@JaseA no, no solution yet.
Georgey
Pioneer
Options

cosimo5683:

What player you have. Because I have HT-J5550w and I don't see any reset..??

Blancham
First Poster
Options

Mine just started doing the same thing.  I've tried the reset with no luck.  Have you found anything new?

JaseA
Student
Options
Thank you. @Spartanary8
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options
Nope 😔 No fix yet.
0 Likes