Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 04:39 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Lubobubo
Apprentice
Options
Dufajme, ze to tak bude...
0 Likes
markheijl
Explorer
Options

@MarcMcGann wrote:

Can I ask everyone here to make sure you contact Samsung in your own country on twitter, email, phone etc to inform them of this problem so they have no excuse to try and fob us off that they are not aware of an issue. I got them to confirm that in writing as you can see above a couple of hours ago even though we know they are aware. We need to keep pushing them hardCan I ask everyone here to make sure you contact Samsung in your own country on twitter, email, phone etc to inform them of this problem so they have no excuse to try and fob us off that they are not aware of an issue. I got them to confirm that in writing as you can see above a couple of hours ago even though we know they are aware. We need to keep pushing them hard

🤔🙄

Z1fn4b
Student
Options

since yesterday my HT-J4200 has the same problem for no apperent reason !

load sounds, no disc > loop

no dvd/br is not realy an issue, but the fact that you can't load any apps like netflix or youtube is annoying !

please report any solution (location: Netherlands)

CamKis
Apprentice
Options

My HT-J4500 has the same issue, I'm in England. As with everyone else the issue started on Thursday so I called Samsung UK who told me that they were aware of the issue and they were trying to resolve and to keep checking the website for an update. This does need to be resolved but doesn't seem like Samsung are doing enough when the issue is global. I see no one has highlighted the issue on social media so maybe Samsung's Facebook page is a start?

Gemain
Pioneer
Options

Actually there is a fb group here :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561079594538531/?ref=share

A lot of specialized websites begin to report the problem, most likely due to an outdated SSL certificate. 

Some community managers also replied, for example in US. Samsung is working on the problem.

Screenshot_20200621-170624_Facebook.jpg

Mgrett
First Poster
Options

Has anyone else lost all sound from the unit as well? I've got no sound from any speakers, even while on AUX(connected to TV) or fm tuner.

Alison40
Journeyman
Options

Samsung admin have posted a response on a different thread

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-power-cycling-whenever-plugged-in/td...

I found the link through the facebook group link someone posted earlier 

Majorproblem
Journeyman
Options

Mine is a HT- J4530 really weird how we all have the same issue so annoying. I have sent Samsung a direct message and also sent to BBC one show and Watchdog

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Further to my earlier conversation with Samsung UK on Twitter...495FE6C3-CAA2-48A9-B736-318AF350FF86.png

22560A2C-00B6-4D88-94DC-2C1EF0F2BD01.png

AAB86EAF-6A04-4289-842C-6B6E29A8A794.png

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

The problem is that almost 5days and Samsung don't have any explanation and is not doing something too repair.

Some live chat persons don't know about this problem.

Will take a long time this to repair end I hope will not take months or tell as they can't do anything ( not surprising )

This problem needs to be repaired fast.

We need to pressure them with a bad reputation to make them understand the importance of their COSTUMERS.

1 bad review it's harder than 10 good reviews.