Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 11:09 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
cup-of-tea
Apprentice
Options

Count me in too, my HT-J4530 is boot looping.

Lupone
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I’m from Italy: same error, same day. 

It can interesting to understand if someone haven’t the device connected to the net and now he’s in this situation.

I don’t know how Samsung can solve this problem.

Saul_Diaz
Explorer
Options

Hello there!!

Could you please help?, I'm sending a petition to Samsung from change.org

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-samsung-has-to-pay-to-their-customers-for-the-global-demage-caused-...

Saul_Diaz
Explorer
Options
Saul_Diaz
Explorer
Options
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Ha ha ha, consider a pint done once this carry on is over with Scotchbaz!

JamesAllen72
Explorer
Options

OK.  I got through to customer service.  The young lady I spoke with was actually very nice, but it sounded like they're completely in the dark.  She did say that they "are aware" of the issue, but had zero clue about when the issue might be resolved.  She did not offer any information about what the speculative cause was, either.  She DID say, however, that this is NOT something that the unit needs to be brought to a repair center for, so that's progress, at least.  That sounds to me like they're getting that they're not going to simply walk out from under this one by sending us to the local electronics store and forgetting about it; they've actually got to put some work into fixing this.  Now we play the waiting game...

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Seeing a lot of chat just now about expired warranties and having no choice but to pay partial repair.

Guys they tried this carry on with me when I spoke direct with Samsung, they gave me a number to my nearest secondary contractor/authorised repair agents, I spoke with them and they informed me it was a £60 callout fee just to look at the system NOT for repair.

I was confused as I already explained to samsung that from what I was seeing on amefican forum, this was worldwide and I wouldn't be paying a penny.

I had to phone samsung direct again, explain not to transfer me to a repair agent to fix my system, especially not a system that had failed due to faulty/worn out components but rather a system that had failed as a result of THEIR actions, not mine...

I had two functional samsung bluray home cinemas until Thursday, one is a good bit older but one of them i obly bought in 2018 and is just over 2yrs old, no way will I be paying for that fix.

Do NOT pay a penny towards repairs as a result of their negligence, 2yrs is no acceptable lifespan for so much hardware and especially hardware they helped kill off along with yours too, let them away with it and next year it could be your internet connected Samsung large screen TV's that go next.

Don't pay a penny and if no resolution/fix or compensation towards a new system comes of this then we all simply cote with our feet BUT be sure to tell the public they have been warned that these guys are seriously lacking in security to allow this to happen, deny existence of a fault for days on end against huge volumes of user evidence/reports to the contrary, staff being gagged/told to deny any reported cases when clearly tons of us have been logging calls/complaints direct to the very same uk and worldwide centres.

I don't have any respect for a company that lies to me but to lie to thousands and not make a statement on website is criminal, to not follow through on repairs/resolution is corporate suicide, No repair and I along with the vast majority have all declared that their years of loyalty to the brand are simply over, their market is bigger than some expensive bluray players, theyre going to lose my mobile phone purchases, televisions and after jist having purchased a 65" samsung at £2500 7 months ago, I wouldn't be making my next hardware a Samsung so sit tight, no more chat about warranties and not having much of a leg to stand on, none of us have warranties here, that doesn't make it ok to brick our products or many of us would have little to zero electrical items left in our homes, set's a dangerous precedent to allow a company to kill your tech before it's lifespan is anywhere near over, all other companies would feel they had carte blanche to do what they like.

Wait things out, see what happensnonce statement is released and there will be one soon 

mou2you
First Poster
Options

I am in Austria and both Samsung Blue Ray 3D - in my 7.1 home theater system and the other one als 3D , which I took because the one in the home cinema did not work properly, seem to ba unable to read discs, in this time Power off and getting out the disc is not possible. The same disc sometimes play on one player or on the other - vice versa - sometimes end up somewhere during the film playing  ???? 

As I have not provided the models I have: 1.BD-C6900 / 2.HT-F9750 / 3.BDJ 5500 3. is newest because the built in Blue Ray Player in the home theater did not work poper anymore.

Unfortunately, all Samsung Blue Ray players that I had, after 2 to 3 years of operation, have the same problems. Blue Ray discs are not or only partially read. Stop in the middle of the film and do not react to any input for a long time