Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 09:39 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Gruff
Explorer
Options

@MarcMcGann wrote:

Just adding myself to this problem- HTJ4500 stopped working on Thursday and was shocked when I came across this forum with everyone else in the same boat! Finally got a response from Samsung today stating they are unaware of any ongoing problem! When I've directed them to look at their own website. They very much seem to be skirting the issue and are now asking for proof of purchase to arrange an inspection! Absolute joke! Just hold your hands up and admit there is an issue and come up with a solution for your customers. Stop treating us with a lack of respect and do the right thing.

I think Samsung are currently playing the denial game because they are afraid to admit to the growing pile of expensive bricks they have managed to produce. They are playing it down hoping to find a software solution. Because, if they can't they will have a massive bill to replace all of our systems🤔🤔🤔

Jules01
Journeyman
Options

Hi just wanted to comment too as we are having the exactly the same problem. Seem to start when we turned it on yesterday!! 19/06/20. Cornwall, England. UK 

Swu
Student
Options

Add me to the list of blu-ray player failures, which started today.  Already 50+ pages of identical failures on the U.S. Samsung Community (search “Blu-ray player BD-JM57C, keeps cycling on/off whenever plugged in” on the U.S. forum)

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

Will be more. Don't worry 

Laceman
Student
Options

Yep, another one here. Problem started on Thursday. If I hadn't found this threat I would have had no idea that anyone else had been affected. 

My system won't stay in the home screen so no chance of following any guidelines about updating firmware or trying a factory reset. The home screen blinks for a moment and then it's gone. Blinks again every 10 seconds or so.

Very poor from Samsung, would have expected better. 

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

From the Internet.

Samsung Blu-ray players are trapped in a startup loop

The company appears to be working on a solution.

Samsung Blu-ray player owners hoping to curl up with a movie have been in for a disappointment in recent days. Users for various models (including multiple Home Cinema models like the HT-J4500) report that their players have been stuck in boot loops, effectively rendering the devices useless. The issue has been present worldwide, and factory resets don’t appear to help.

It’s not certain what’s causing the loops, although some are speculating that an automatic firmware update might be the culprit.

We’ve asked Samsung for comment. However, support representatives have told users that the company is investigating the problem. Whatever the solution might be, customers don’t have many options in the meantime. If they can’t wait, they either have to send their players in for service (expensive when many players are likely out of warranty) or to replace them outright.

Napostrato
Student
Options

Same problem on a HT-J4500 as of 9pm on 20th June in London. 
I lost surround sound before it went doolally, now endlessly going through the cycle despite resetting it. 
Hope there's a solution soon. 

domander
Student
Options

Mine has started acting exactly the same way, model HT-J4500. Exactly the same symptoms. 

domander
Student
Options

I'm in Toronto Canada. 

leoogermenia
First Poster
Options

Hi, i'm Italian and the problem on my j5500 is started this morning 

I connected my echo dot to my home theatre and after this the reciver have the problem

Samsung haven't the solution 

My home theatre is too old and the warranty is finished two years ago 

🤬🤬