Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 08:07 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Shamous1984
Apprentice
Options

we live in a world where there is no acountability for anything

Danny56
Journeyman
Options
I'm thinking the same thing. Samsung customer service is rather like the problem with these devices, just an endless loop.
ElNecio
Pioneer
Options
Martin797
Student
Options

Same probleme with my ht-j4500. Its always rebooting like my dvd is always loading. ***** i m pissed off solution please

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Well on a plus guys, you've all done more than your part today, just seeing the numbers piling in and from all over the place, you've strengthened each of our individual cases, the post one member had made earlier outlining all impacted models in the USA alone has been hard to ignore, also everyone singing off the same sheet of never again purchasing another Samsung product again if no resolve.

These posts are hard to ignore, Samsungs silence doesn't help and only stokes the fire so the fact we're starting to hear from individual reports that they are now aware and working on a solution (whatever that may be) is all down to you guys and the numbers so I thank each and every one of you

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Massive thanks to Scotchbaz for casting the first stone, was music to my eyes seeing that somebody (Baz) had posted an issue, meant I wasn't the only one in UK at least as all i'd seen beforehand was the carnage on the american forum of 1000's of users, was even happier to see loads more had posted into the thread he started so thanks for taking the time fella!
Spartanary8
Explorer
Options

I can't pressure this hard enough.

Share, like, comment. Raise awareness and pressure on Samsung to do something.

https://www.facebook.com/JHaubi/posts/1490774277794628

Already got a simple and short, but not-helping reply by Samsung Germany here: https://www.facebook.com/SamsungDeutschland/posts/4076689132401786

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Gavin79 wrote:
Massive thanks to Scotchbaz for casting the first stone, was music to my eyes seeing that somebody (Baz) had posted an issue, meant I wasn't the only one in UK at least as all i'd seen beforehand was the carnage on the american forum of 1000's of users, was even happier to see loads more had posted into the thread he started so thanks for taking the time fella!

Och, you'll make me blush. Buy me a pint when Samsung eventually fix this mess 😂

MarcMcGann
Apprentice
Options

Just adding myself to this problem- HTJ4500 stopped working on Thursday and was shocked when I came across this forum with everyone else in the same boat! Finally got a response from Samsung today stating they are unaware of any ongoing problem! When I've directed them to look at their own website. They very much seem to be skirting the issue and are now asking for proof of purchase to arrange an inspection! Absolute joke! Just hold your hands up and admit there is an issue and come up with a solution for your customers. Stop treating us with a lack of respect and do the right thing.

MarcMcGann
Apprentice
Options

By the way, UK customer here