Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 06:20 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
ChrisHifi
Student
Options

My BD-C6900 does not react to the remote control anymore. It boots correctly, plays trailers, but then, I cannot select the play button to play the main film. I live in Germany

Update: I managed to solve the issue.

0 Likes
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@ChrisHifi wrote:

My BD-C6900 does not react to the remote control anymore. It boots correctly, plays trailers, but then, I cannot select the play button to play the main film. I live in Germany

Is it connected to the internet for streaming?

0 Likes
Spartanary8
Explorer
Options

So they reacted to my tweet. Only tech News portal so far although I linked plenty of them.

CJM13
Explorer
Options

There seems to be a lot of negative replies from Samsung re this issue trying to convince us that they are not aware of the problem in some cases, it all seems a bit suss. 

Maybe Scamsung would be a better brand name, just saying.

Danny56
Journeyman
Options

Supposing it was an expired certificate why would it send all these devices into a spaz? Surely at most the network functions would cease to work or am I talking complete nonsense? I just don't get it 😞 Something does not add up!

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

CJM13:

That it's possible, to many cases .

0 Likes
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Danny56 wrote:

Supposing it was an expired certificate why would it send all these devices into a spaz? Surely at most the network functions would cease to work or am I talking complete nonsense? I just don't get it 😞 Something does not add up!

It strikes me that it's a malicious cyber attack. Although saying that doesn't absolve Samsung of culpability. I can't be the only one getting angrier at Samsung's lack of official response. 

TimothyEllis
First Poster
Options

@Giovanni959 wrote:

How should we update if the system restarts himself every 2 sec?

I tried writing a DVD-R and a CDR with the latest firmware for my HT-J4500K. Both failed to update the device firmware (because I'm sure that particular update file is designed for USB only) but there was a change in device behaviour for me. Instead of resetting constantly, the small device display showed LOAD continuously, as it attempted to read the disc (without resetting). I am hoping that, if it finds the correct update file(s) that it will indeed update from a disc in the DVD drive. 

PeterMacko
Journeyman
Options

Same on HT-J4550. Hard reset did not help. 

Yesterday no problem but today morning the problem started. 

Peter from Slovakia 

Spartanary8
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_2020-06-20 Betreff HT-J4500 HT-J5550W HT-J5500 reagieren plötzlich nicht mehr.png

In German Forum, a Mod declared something. Roughly translated: I know this topic isn't yet solved. I marked this as solution so everyone sees this statement.

We received your feedback and gave it through to our developers. They're working with high pressure on a solution.