Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 05:53 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

It's just strange (to us, not to them maybe) that all over the world at the same time (more or less) this devices start to show the same problem and the brand has no answer. 

Kev21
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20200620-174328_Twitter.jpg

Kev21
Explorer
Options
We are confident that our colleagues will resolve this as soon as they can. Please do keep an eye on this. ^TM
0 Likes
Georgey
Pioneer
Options

They will do that in the last minute,  waiting to see if they can do something or not....( when the media ( like BBC)  or big newspaper will post something. Till then will wait and see. 

pepe72
Student
Options

I have the same problem with BD-J5500

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

The chipset and interior parts that, in my mind, seem to be affected are from a company called Broadcom.

Their website is at; https://www.broadcom.com 

It might be worth making them aware of this issue. 

0 Likes
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

I think the best and fastest solution is that samsung gives anyone who has this problem (and can prove it) a new device. 🤭

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Giovanni959 wrote:

I think the best and fastest solution is that samsung gives anyone who has this problem (and can prove it) a new device. 🤭

The problem being that Samsung stop manufacturing Blu-Ray devices in 2019. 

0 Likes
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

I said a new device, not that device 😅

Just joking now 😁

S-Man
First Poster
Options

Same issue here as of this morning. It was working fine till last night. Based in the U.K. too.