Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 05:03 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
FunkyGibbon74
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Georgey
Have you spoke to them through the live chat. What did they say?
septumoustache
First Poster
Options

This just started happening to mine as well about 2 days ago 6/18. There has to be some major downloadable glitch!

RH90
Journeyman
Options

Still awaiting a response on live chat but got this via Twitter DM (after being told I'd have to pay for a repair as out of warranty and complaining about that reply) which looks slightly more promising...

"Apologies, Rick. This very recently came through from Head Office to us. The team are aware of a couple of issues with the J5000 range of Blu-Ray players. They are looking into this, and hope to have a resolution as soon as possible. As soon they can get this sorted, a resolution will be sent out to all our affected customers! For the moment, we can only apologise for the inconvenience. ^DT"

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

FunkyGibbon74:

To wait for 3 to 5 days. After call again( and again like a loop) 

It's better to check yourself.

More complaint, it's better for everyone.

I'm curious what will say.

FunkyGibbon74
Journeyman
Options
Georgey:

As soon as I can I will. At work at the moment
Will screen shot everything too and even this forum thread

Thanks
RH90
Journeyman
Options

Just had this from live chat:

Samsung UK Suppor
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 15:20:05 UTC
Thanks for waiting! I appreciate the patience. Upon checking here, this is an on-going case. Our engineers are now made aware of this case and now investigating it. They have advised to check our website from time to time as they will be posting recent developments on this matter. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your kind understanding is truly appreciated.

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

Hi found this on German news ( translated to English)

https://www.golem.de/news/home-entertainment-samsungs-blu-ray-player-versagen-den-dienst-2006-149200...

HOME ENTERTAINMENT: Samsung's Blu-Ray players fail Many Samsung Blu-Ray players suddenly stop working, as can be seen from posts in the manufacturer's forums. The cause is unclear. Samsung's Blu-Ray players no longer want to play: In the forum of the South Korean group, complaints are piling up that the devices are no longer working properly. The cause of the error is unclear. DISPLAY Various models from Samsung are obviously affected. The devices start up according to the posts, but then hang in a loop. They always seem to reboot and then no longer respond to any input, such as switching off the device or ejecting the disc. A recommendation from Samsung is to disconnect the device from the power for five minutes and then to start it up again. If that doesn't help, the manufacturer recommends switching on the device the next time you start and then pressing the eject button for eight seconds. But that seems to help only to a limited extent. The bug affects players in different regions of the world. There are complaints both in the US forum and in Europe. DISPLAY Where the malfunction comes from is still unclear. There is speculation in the forums about a failed software update or a hack

Date:

Me7eor
First Poster
Options

The same happend to my HT-J5500 yesterday evening at around 20.30 (switzerland time). I did not use the tv since thursday and then the endless reboot started. Tried to find a way to do a software factory reset, but I did not find anything. Unplugging the blu-ray from the main platin did not do anything as well as trying to hold the power- or eject button. After two hours of trying stuff out I nearly throw that thing into the garbadge, until I read about it today in the newspaper. 

Hope someone can fix this. It's a good device and I would like to keep it.

bigblueamazon
Explorer
Options

My BD-H6500 stopped working on Thursday, too 😞
I'm in the UK.

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

People all over the world start to complain and ask for help.

Samsung have the media all over now end I think it's only the beginning.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-blu-ray-players-are-rebooting-in-a-loop-and-nobody-knows-why/