Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 03:35 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Nice one Pete, it was the US Samsung forum i seen thousands of entries this morning and was blown away but was relieved as I thought that samsung would announce that they knew about it and would be in contact with a statement n coming days, not the case, instead i've discovered that Samsung employee's have been given a gagging order and told to deny any cases on phone it would seem seeing as I was told today that there weren't any reports.

Social media is our friend, spread the word not to deal with Samsung, next it will be our TV's, I just turned off the Auto Update on my 7 month old 65" Samsung and a 2yr old samsung 55", no way can I be affording to replace a TV never mind a sound system right now and when I do replace it WON'T be a Samsung if they fail to acknowledge and repair our systems regardless of warranty situation!

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

😂😂😂

I reckon that one slipped by everyone... 😂😂😂

Then again I think most people switch off when that orange fool appears on the screen

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Yeah that's a good shout Baz on the trading standards, xan't be having that where they brick our gear and expect us to pay for the repair..

Another fella on here touched on the environmental impact, its a crazy amount of hardware to bin for one user but 100's of thousands worldwide are going to be affected what with the popularity of these systems.

I've learned my lesson mate, was saying to the mrs that i'll never be buying another integrated Bluray/Home Cine system again, will be getting a dedicated amplifier and surround speakers and do a runthrough from bluray/4k player that way if this carry on happens with my next NON samsung bluray player, I won't be forced to fork out another £500+ for something that can be bricked at the sending of an infected update..

Still gonna fight for a fix though and if nothing then i'm going to spread the poison and expose the truth on FB about Samsung and their lack of intervention, employee gagging orders and the prospect of peoples pricey large screen TV's copping it after only 2yrs from purchase..

Not gonna be good for business..

Wonder if they'll actually go to the lengths of closing these threads as a next stage cover up 😂😂

Goteck
Apprentice
Options
Hi, same issue here in France since 3 days ... Hope for a fix
DavidIndy
Student
Options

Samsung has known this hack is possible for power cycling since 2012.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/samsung-tvs-blu-ray-vulnerable-to-eternal-boot-loop-297710

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

I think we need to go deeper to resolve this...wee need to let the people know about this, about( Samsung) let's tell the media. Local tv,Newspaper

TiagoSanto
Journeyman
Options

Samsung just cant tell us that we have to wait. Samsung is a Big Brand and have to give us a solution asap!

If they dont solve this asap, i Will no longer be a Samsung client in the future! 

FunkyGibbon74
Journeyman
Options

Hi all

Just looking for some advice really. I am in the United Kingdom. Has anyone from the UK actually got through and spoken to Samsung and what is the best way to conatct them here in England?

Makes me feel sick that I cannot afford to purchase anothe 5.1 home cinema system yet. Only had my HT-J5550W around 3-4 years. I may be losing my job soon due to Covid etc. It's just one thing after the other(it feels)

Georgey
Pioneer
Options
FunkyGibbon74
I have the same system, go to : https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/livechat/
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Absolutely spot on Georgey...

Best way to raise awareness, if they're not having the common decency to acknowledge this forum then we'll just need to hit them hard for all those shoppers with money to burn whom are about to hit the stores upon re-opening and buy some nice new Samsung large screens with the money they've saved due to pubs and restaurants being closed.  

Hit em where it hurts....  sooner rather than later...

If Samsung ever reply direct to you, it'll likely be from a storm drain "Hey Georgey!  Wanna balloon!!?" At this rate if 3 days on we've still heard nothing so media it is!