Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 03:00 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Douglas36
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

My HT-j5520wk has been presented the same issue (ON / OFF Cycling) since June, 18th 2020.

I'm from Brazil and I wouldn't pay to fix a fail generated by Samsumg Software Update.

AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options

This is definitely a software problem. I have internally disconnected the DVD player but doe not help. System persits in its loop no matter what source or mode I choose. Found this old post Of 2012

Samsung TVs, Blu-ray vulnerable to eternal boot loop

See https://www.itnews.com.au/news/samsung-tvs-blu-ray-vulnerable-to-eternal-boot-loop-297710

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

same here .....they told me will take 3 to 5 days..

AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Hi folks...

You're right, it IS no coincidence, check out the forums in America for this, it's worldwide, people posting from all over Europe, Australia, it's worldwide and affects several Samsung Bluray players and home cinema's, same day, same fault.

been dealing with Samsung direct twice today, was referred to a company in Glasgow for repair, told it was a £60 callout, declined, called samsung back and told them I won't be paying, they said I need to as it's out of warranty...

Argued the point that YES it is out of warranty BUT this isn't a component failure or breakdown through negligence/misuse, explained it was Samsung themselves who did this, their actions not ours so they can render my just over 2yrs old Home Cinema sys obsolete at the send of an update and i'm meant to smile and agree to pay for it??

Have explained about the thousand I and many other households have spent on tech including a £2500 65" samsung TV i got 7 months ago, will that be rendered useless by an update after only 2yrs??

Gave the Microsoft Xbox 360 story from over a decade ago, how users consoles were getting mass breakdowns and Microsoft done the right thing, sent prepaid DHL boxes for us to pop console  in box, send to MS, they repaired and returned within 28 days.

Explained that if no action, I won't be buying a singke Samsung product in my lifetime ever again and i'm guessing we can count on the thousands upon thousands of owners experiencing exact same fault.

Samsung said that unfortunately they still cannot do anything as it is outof warranty and I would need to pay.

Ok, i'll pay for a new system if they don't offer a solution in coming weeks, have logged complaint and have ref number, suggest you guys do the same.

Oh now this is just a wee theory going around guys but it carries serious weight!..

North Korea destroyed the Liason Office on the North/South Border using the B word devices, look it up on sky or bbc news, blew it up...

When?  Thursday 18th, same day all of our devices turned into bricks...

Apparently it was a hack and the update was sent through by North.  Read it up.

Get your complaint in, get a ref, get those numbers up, post on Facebook as I have (if it's resolved I will update post to say they have done the right thing, if not, simple message, I will relay samsungs answer I was given, no warranty, no repair, unless you pay....  FOR SAMSUNGS NEGLIGENCE NOT OURS!)

And from there, Sony and LG are going to find their profit margins increasing generously over the coming years when we start replacing TV's and sound systems..

Best of luck guys and @Samsung!  Acknowledge us, you're keeping tight lipped, notice on your official facebook page, on the search bar, put in phone, washing machine, tablet etc, we get a return, pop in Bluray or home cinema and all of a sudden you don't have any results to show us???

Smells like a cover up to avoid consumers turning away.  Do the right thing and put out a statement. 

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@RH90 wrote:

My response from Samsung UK Help this afternoon (not at all helpful):

Samsung Help UK

Unbelievable Samsung UK are still lying about NOT being aware. Seriously, how can they NOT be aware?

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Well if that's the way we're being treat after myself and many others logging the event, we'll never deal with them again.

There are going to be many millions worldwide with these systems and won't have a clue, awareness is key, if samsung won't listen, pop it on Facebook and we can spread the word that they are using the Russian strategy of denial despite 100's of thousands worldwide reporting on their forums on same issue within last 3 days  absolute joke of a company which i've just realised.

Kev21
Explorer
Options

I have asked Samsung UK to publish an alert on there website. Screenshot_20200620-145004_Twitter.jpg

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Kev21 wrote:

I have asked Samsung UK to publish an alert on there website. Screenshot_20200620-145004_Twitter.jpg

Prior to this debacle, I'd have thought that a company on the scale of Samsung would've done this before now. Now, I'm not even sure they'll publicly acknowledge that there's an issue. I'm becoming extremely frustrated by the lack of official response.