Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 12:01 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options
Limpit
Student
Options

Hi, is his post recent(as in Thursday this week)? I came home Thursday evening to our box sounding like it was checking the DVD but not doing anything else- no sound on any function and even when removed the DVD it continues. Unplugged it for several hours and it still does it.

Do you know why this is or if there is a solution please? Ours is just over 4 years old and has worked perfectly until Thursday! 

Thank you

BenJammin72
Apprentice
Options

Yes, problem started overnight on Thurs in the UK, 18th June

Limpit
Student
Options

Thank you! I will stop Hubby from looking at replacements!!

Saved a few pennies there!

SuperC
Apprentice
Options

Same here. I'm in South Africa and mine bombed at more or less the same time.

Looks bad. Let's see if Samsung will solve this one.

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

its for download a update from 2017  .

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1017.3 (MULTI LANGUAGE)

i dont know if will work

0 Likes
Kev21
Explorer
Options
No as you can't access the settings
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Georgey wrote:

its for download a update from 2017  .

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1017.3 (MULTI LANGUAGE)

i dont know if will work

Won't make any difference, my machine had that update, other than that the boot cycle is too fast to allow the USB to be read. 

kloopy
Apprentice
Options

What I am worried about is plugged in players in homes that have no people in for a while, that cycle in a power On/Off loop until something breaks down and fire starts. You may have noticed that the player's mechanism is looping too.

Losch
Journeyman
Options

The HT-J4200 Series works... 🤔

0 Likes