Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 09:49 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
J123
Journeyman
Options

U.S. , Richmond Va.

They know it's across the world however.

Kev21
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20200620-093000_Chrome.jpg

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

This just in from Samsung UK support (via Messenger):

"Okay, with all these posts on our Community page, we imagine the issue is currently under investigation as issues posted on our Community page often are. And we're going to be raising it as well.

We're sure, after the investigation there will be a solution for this....we are working as quickly as possible to work out a solution. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know."

So, they do know and are working on it.  Hang on in there peeps, and keep your 'me too' posts coming!

kloopy
Apprentice
Options

Same here in London with BD-J5500. Called Smasung support and after squeezing the information out from a lady that responded, she admitted that they are aware of a global issue and that they are working on a solution.

markheijl
Explorer
Options
Same here, just received a message from Samsung Support in NL that they are working on a solution.
phils2
Apprentice
Options

On behalf of the many many thousands of people affected by this nonsense worldwide, thank you to you guys and gals who are pushing Samsung on this. It's all a bit beyond me I'm afraid so I'm relying on this forum to keep updated and hopefully to facilitate a solution. Your effforts are appreciated.

CJM13
Explorer
Options

I only bought my Samsung system last year and already its unusable, if its happened once it can happen again so to be on the safe side i've ordered a new SONY system and am binning the Samsung as its not even worth selling as its knackered.

good luck everyone i hope it gets sorted.

BenJammin72
Apprentice
Options

I got through yesterday and was told it was broken and needed to go in for repair

Losch
Journeyman
Options

Hello, i've the same problem in Germany, always cycling... 

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@BenJammin72 wrote:

I got through yesterday and was told it was broken and needed to go in for repair

Well as you can see, that's patently false. Hang in there, hopefully there'll be an announcement soon. 

0 Likes