Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 02:14 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

I hope so too as I too have been haveing this proble since last night. Husband was watching YouTube  using the apps and the possed thing was making noise and flashing on the screen. I already unpluged and reset several time . Can't update the player so I sit here reading everyones story. I do hope Samsung fixes this. I did trust their products but this is WRONG.

ElNecio
Pioneer
Options

JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP, FAILURE SAMSUNG:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561079594538531/

Thaman2x
First Poster
Options

My HT-J5500W is doing the absolute EXACT same thing as yours. Jumping over to photos and everything. I sure hope there's a fix out there

Alfredoras
Student
Options
Estamos en las mismas ayer mi home theater funcionaba perfectamente y hoy amaneció igual al de muchos aquí mi modelo es un poco más viejo j4500k, espero y nos den solución pronto
mkorey4
First Poster
Options

I'm in New York and my J4500 started power cycling today as well.

dmcclenny
First Poster
Options

I'm in Utah. Worked fine yesterday and tonight the cycling thing. I first thought that it was an issue with the disc that I left in yesterday but I managed to get the disc out. 

Mismatched
First Poster
Options

So I'm from the US, west coast. I had been watching Netflix minutes before. I turned off my TV for a good 5-10 minutes which in turn may have shut off my DVD player. When I turned it back on the same exact thing happened, it would cycle on and off. My model is BD-JM57C. And this has really pissed me off tbh. Nothing like this has happened before. 

DavidIndy
Student
Options

I have two Samsung HT-J4500/ZA units. One started the power cycle routine yesterday--- so I traded my son's out with the living room unit.  15 minutes later the second unit is doing the same thing.

KrH57
First Poster
Options
Yes, also arrived here in California yesterday .
Something to be said for non internet connected A/V gear.
aosilva
Explorer
Options

I had a chat with the Samsung Customer Service here in Brazil. They asked me to execute a procedure to reset the system. The procedure has the following steps:
1-Turn on the HT-J5520WK;
2-Immediately after, open and close the disk tray;
3-Wait for the displaying of No Disk;
4-Press stop button for 10 seconds until the displaying of Reset;
5-Wait for the reset.
Unfortunately, the on and off cycling is less than 10 seconds and HT reboots while the disk tray is still openning. So, this procedure was of no use to me. They said that I should take my HT to Technical Assistance. The main issue is that I will be charged for this service because the warranty has expired. I will not do that and I believe that no one will. Samsung is taking too long to make a public statement about this global problem and how they will help all the customers around the world.