Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 05:37 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
CJM13
Explorer
Options

Agreed, it seems Samsung are pure rubbish at sorting out a problem, it looks like we are going to be left with machines that are useless. i will never buy a Samsung product again. im looking at this Sony setup which i will get tomorrow. 

SonyBDV-E4100 1000-watt 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System

Good luck.

0 Likes
ahow1974
Student
Options
I woke up to this depressing shock. I am now curious how all of us had the same problem on the same day.
Does this mean all of us MUST DEMAND A FREE REPAIR!???
FunkyGibbon74
Journeyman
Options

Mine was hard wired using Ethernet cable

i really do hope it's just a case of Samsung sending out an update(firmware) I seriously can not afford to purchase another system in the current climate. Not even sure my job is safe

F7REN
First Poster
Options

Mine has started doing exactly the same 🤨 i noticed it on 18/6/20 

Jay-Pee
Student
Options

To clarify,  I had one machine connected via ethernet and the other was connected via wifi. Both have the problem. 

thickness
Journeyman
Options

Hello from the Netherlands,
just discovered the same problem 2 hours ago,
device does seam to have radio reception , RDS data.
tried the reset from the manual with the remote. display shows "RESET", but problem stays.
tried a reset from the device front panel, but no success and NO Init on the display.

@Samsung; a quick fix is needed worldwide.

FlappyChicken
Journeyman
Options

I have the same damned problem with an HT-J5550W, it was working fine last night and now nothing. A factory reset did not work, they had best get this fixed or a lot of people will not use Samsung products again

Annastacia
Journeyman
Options
Mines doing pretty much the same thing 🥺
Annastacia
Journeyman
Options
I also tried a reset and it didnt work, it seems there are are lot of us having the same issue and not just in the UK
FlappyChicken
Journeyman
Options
There are a lot of people around the world by the looks of it, I'm gonna save this thread as a favourite and keep checking back to see if there is a fix. Good luck everyone!