Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 03:10 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
lg13mza
Journeyman
Options
Ours was on Ethernet too.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@scotchbaz wrote:

@hdano wrote:

I ALREADY REPLACED ALL CAPACITORS ON POWER SUPPLY, NOT HELPED, THEN REPLACED ALL ON MAIN BOARD :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

As electrician, I do not think there will be easy fix for us, as the device continuously reboots, so it can not get IP address and start to download anything now from internet as a fix.

Same for USB. 

The only way will be some kind of USB emergency update, if sw engineers have it in this device.

Thank you for doing this, as it has saved me the bother. I checked the capacitors with a meter and they all seemed okay, so I'll not go down that road. I just wish that someone from Samsung would reply to this thread, at the very least, to assure us that they're doing all they can to help. Really bad public relations from such a big company in my opinion. 

Hi @scotchbaz & everyone else!

Cheers for letting us know about this one. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Just got confirmation at our end that this issue is being investigated by Samsung. Any news on it that we hear from our end, we'll let you guys know.  :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Jay86
Explorer
Options
Yes, I had my plugged in to modem all the time. One more point, if someone is roughly guessing the units are 'timed' and capacitors burn itself after certain hours of play. But the catch here is NOT every one of us plays enough to set off the clock in our units all together at the exactly same time/day. Although I bought it in Dec 2017, which I still have receipt for, I hardly run it in first year.

And lastly, doesn't matter if it's cheap trick to make some cash by Samsung, I am going to ditch it for Sony. Period.
Spysteven
First Poster
Options

Hi, i hope i'm in the right forum, My Samsung HT-J4530 is in a similar loop where it starts up, says load and then says no disc before switching off and repeating. At first we thought the player had just run its course and is too old to run but seeing this forum thread that might not be so. We too opened the top casing to see inside and can't find any hardware issues. If this is some sort of kill switch and samsung are unable to resolve it we will be switching to another brand because this is just bad business otherwise.

Gruff
Explorer
Options

I've just got off a chat and had this response 'Thank you so much for staying online Gruff. Upon checking, the issue has been investigated by our Headquarters and they are now working on a resolution to fix the fault. Hence, we request for your patience in this regard'. Not holding my breath for a quick outcome though

Owenk
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem - started yesterday sometime

0 Likes
CJM13
Explorer
Options
Me too.
0 Likes
Spiros
Journeyman
Options

Hello from Greece,

mine HT J4200 was working ok this morning but not anymore. It was connected via Ethernet.

Need a solution asap!

0 Likes
Jay-Pee
Student
Options

Our J4500 and our JM57 both started this yesterday.  Two different modles of samsung machines doing it at the same time?  They have some explaining to do. 

Rob150505
Student
Options

I have 2 J5500 home cinemas and both lost sound yesterday and then when going to the home page it just flashed on and off.

The Sumsung helpline was particularly unhelpful and suggested sending the units to a technician 1.5 hours away even though it's clearly Samsung's problem as so many people simultaneously having the same problem is clearly a central problem.