Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 12:48 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Frabbo
First Poster
Options

Me too! - I need a direct replacement (not Samsung) and quick... any suggestions?

Nks
Pioneer
Options

Someone opened a thread at Tom's Hardware: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/starting-loop-at-samsung-ht-j5500-can-be-even-solved.3619562...

Might be useful if Samsung deletes this one. 

chelios
First Poster
Options

I have exactly same problem with HT J4200 in Czechia since yesterday! My device is connected to the Internet. Hope Samsung gonna fix this kill switch!

Jar27
Student
Options

Response from online chat assistant:

Our engineers are already working for a resolution with regard to this. Rest assured that this will be fixed as soon as possible.

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Jar27 wrote:

Response from online chat assistant:

Our engineers are already working for a resolution with regard to this. Rest assured that this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Well that's something at least. Fingers crossed. 

hdano
Journeyman
Options

I ALREADY REPLACED ALL CAPACITORS ON POWER SUPPLY, NOT HELPED, THEN REPLACED ALL ON MAIN BOARD :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

As electrician, I do not think there will be easy fix for us, as the device continuously reboots, so it can not get IP address and start to download anything now from internet as a fix.

Same for USB. 

The only way will be some kind of USB emergency update, if sw engineers have it in this device.

Leftbank
Apprentice
Options

What I just got from a webchat

"Information about this will be posted from our website directly. Rest assure that we are going to look into this and find a resolution as early as possible."

SuperchargedNat
Student
Options

Mine was connected via ehternet. if everyone can confirm yes or no to internet connection, then we will know whether its something from factory / 2017 update thats killed them or something 'un-offical' recently.

Spartanary8
Explorer
Options
@Frabbo please open a new thread for your replacement request to not drown this topic in replies over better hardware. Thanks :smiling-face:
pedroke
Explorer
Options

@SuperchargedNat wrote:

Mine was connected via ehternet. if everyone can confirm yes or no to internet connection, then we will know whether its something from factory / 2017 update thats killed them or something 'un-offical' recently.

Mine was also on the internet via ethernet..In my opinion it is for 99% some kind of official or unofficial/hack update..My guess is rather official mistake..For hack it seems to me kind of lame...