Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 11:08 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
alex2020py
Pioneer
Options
It is strange what happened in China with the phones, will it be the same?
https://amp.scmp.com/abacus/tech/article/3086110/why-did-some-samsung-smartphones-crash-china-may-23
0 Likes
Retro
Explorer
Options

We all need to contact customer service, they are denying any knowledge! I have also persevered and had it escalated. If we all do the same they can't keep denying any issue.

I did ask when the software was last updated, they stated 2017 but I'm not buying it. There are just too many of us for it to be coincidental. 

MinDeceit
First Poster
Options

Exactly same problem here in Finland (HT-J4500). Question: was your device connected to Internet before this happened? My device was connected. Update needs Internet connection so this way we can confirm if the problem is related to update or something else.

Marty15
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem, as others have also commented. Also tried the reset function without success. Suspicious! Software update issue?

Jar27
Student
Options

Same model and same issue!  Very annoying. 

pedroke
Explorer
Options

Same here. I'm in Slovakia. Model HT-J4200 does not work since yesterday. Exactly the same behaviour. I've been already in authorized service before I read this discussiin and they claimed that motherboard is probably faulty but it cannot be ordered anymore..so I took it back home..And now I'm reading this forum... so.. I will keep it online and hope for fix or any other official statement..It seems there will be huge number of affected customers.

Brian85
Journeyman
Options

Samsung customer support in Ireland maintaining no updates since 2017. So either they've accidently sent an update intended for a different device, had previously sent out firmware with a designed failure for 18th June 2020, or their update network has been hacked

hdano
Journeyman
Options

WTF ??? 100 people with the same problem in 2 days ???

I have same problem with HT-J4200 

mmgabel
Student
Options

Same exact issue here in Italy. Extremely frustrating!

PeteO
Journeyman
Options

This may not be caused by an update.  The other possibility is that there is some intrinsic firmware bug, like a calendar bug, that has been in each of our systems since the day we got them.  It is important that we don't get wrapped around the firmware update axel with customer service because the first line people will simply note that no update was pushed and assume that one just has a bad luck, faulty unit.  Elevation and visibility are going to be key.