Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 10:12 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
JamesAllen72
Explorer
Options

I'll do the same. *EDIT* I did not realize that by clicking "reply", my reply was being dropped to the bottom of this thread, all together, where they make no sense.  Please don't think me an *****.  :smiling-face:

JamesAllen72
Explorer
Options
That was the first thing I thought of doing, too, but I couldn't get it to reset since my door keeps opening and shutting. I did get that to stop but haven't tried to reset it since. Now that I read that it didn't help you, I think I'll skip that part and leave things as they are until one of us finds something or Samsung posts some sort of resolution. I really think this MUST be a bad firmware update. I just hope that the update hasn't hampered the device's ability to download and install a fix!
JamesAllen72
Explorer
Options
It is kind of a relief to see that others are experiencing the same thing, right? That it's not just you? Hang in there, mate. We'll sort this out.
JayAk
First Poster
Options

Our Samsung player started doing this a few hours ago. I hope we find a fix. 

Magson40
First Poster
Options

The same thing is happening to mine

0 Likes
MisterK1
Explorer
Options

I managed to get through to Samsung on live chat, and referred them to this thread and the video.

The lady I spoke with assured me that "your query and all these information will be raised and treated with utmost priority."  She says she will forward this to her "higher team" to provide the best course of action.

She also gave me details of my local Samsung-approved service centre.  I've sent them an email.

I really think any fix should be free as it does look like a bad update from Samsung; can't think of anything else that could cause this internationally in such a short time period.

I did urge them to pull the update (assuming it exists) and post a reply on this thread too.

JamesAllen72
Explorer
Options
I'm starting to wonder if this is deliberate... Someone joked that this is caused by the coronavirus. Well, what if it was, but indirectly? What if Samsung, being short on cash, wanted to sell some units? They send a virus in the firmware update, then when we all call the repair shop, we're told that "it's not worth the cost" to repair it and they suggest we go and buy a new one, instead. Maybe they figured the advent of Disney+ would spur their sales, since models made before 2016 can't get it, but we decided to keep our units, anyway. We all heard "The Mandalorian" wasn't THAT good, after all... So they panic and implement this plan and here we are! They just forgot to take down the forums before we started finding each-other!
Spartanary8
Explorer
Options

@all I set up a tweet and a facebook message for several (international) Samsung Social Media sites as Samsung is not seeming eager to find a solution via support chat or phone support. Please engage / endorse with the posts so Samsung is forced to do something.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/spartanary/status/1273904574894669824

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JHaubi/posts/1490774277794628

SuperchargedNat
Student
Options

Had the same problem start with our HT-J4500 on 17.06.2020 between 18:00 and 19:00 GMT+1

I followed the user manual and carried out a reset (as it stated that if the device is not operating as it should, carry out a reset) I just hope even though this appeared to complete (but made no difference) it is still able to recieve updates and Samsung sort this mess out!

Its only 2 -3 years old and if I have to replace the system due to Samsung's mistakes then I will not be replacing it with another Samsung one!

Barnab
Apprentice
Options

I saw your tweet and retweeted it. I tried to contact them on twitter too on their world and french account but I still have no answer for the moment. I hope they will start to acknowledge what seems to be a huge bug from a firmware update....