Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 06:22 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

I've just gotten off with someone from Samsung support, who assures me that they are now aware and are looking into it. To me it sounds like a firmware issue. Fingers crossed we'll here something soon. 

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

Wow you got through? Mad skills!

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options
I must be blessed, it was my umpteenth time of trying though.
Hascyll
Student
Options

Same Problem here from Germany with my HT-J4200.

Two hours ago it worked perfectly fine and now: cycling and cycling...

Jay86
Explorer
Options
I have everything from Samsung. Phone(since S2 to S10) stove, dvd etc and I had exactly same issue with my tablet too. It was turning on and off. Fortunately it was under warranty so they replaced the whole motherboard. But this is old so I don't think they would show interest in resolving it. One more issue with Samsung products and good bye to Samsung for good.
Hascyll
Student
Options
I got through and they know, that there is an issue. The problem is: they don't know why there is an issue, but they are working on it.
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Jay86 wrote:
I have everything from Samsung. Phone(since S2 to S10) stove, dvd etc and I had exactly same issue with my tablet too. It was turning on and off. Fortunately it was under warranty so they replaced the whole motherboard. But this is old so I don't think they would show interest in resolving it. One more issue with Samsung products and good bye to Samsung for good.

Oh I seriously doubt they could just pretend that there's no issue with this, if that we're to be the case I'll be reporting the issue to my MP and trading standards. 

Jay86
Explorer
Options
I wish they fix it. I mean all of a sudden same issue with so many different countries doesn't make any sense. The only practical issue could be is the firmware.
Jay86
Explorer
Options
Even if they find the issue, it would be hard for us to get it fix/ fix it ourselves. Even if they provide with the patch. Reason is being unable to do anything as the cycle is too quick to shut off right after boot. One more thing I don't understand is why it keeps checking on the cd ( I can hear the humming from inside) it never did it before
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Jay86 wrote:
Even if they find the issue, it would be hard for us to get it fix/ fix it ourselves. Even if they provide with the patch. Reason is being unable to do anything as the cycle is too quick to shut off right after boot. One more thing I don't understand is why it keeps checking on the cd ( I can hear the humming from inside) it never did it before

Even if you disconnect the drive from the main board, it still cycles, with the exception that the disc isn't even connected.