Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 04:45 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
lg13mza
Journeyman
Options

Might be a co-incidence but my HT-J4550 started doing the same yesterday too!  I haven't managed to find any info or resolution either.

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

Mine is doing this too.  Not found a solution.

Highly suspicious that three of us have all had this problem within 24 hours, but there are no other posts.

Looks like perhaps a bad software update?   Samsung please comment.

I tried to go online to book a repair as advised by their Covid-19 response page but could not access the 'book a repair' form as to access it you have to go through a troubleshooter, which you can't access because this model is not listed in the pulldown.

I was also unable to get through on their phone line.

Help!

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

That's just too coincidencidental for my liking. 

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

Are you in the UK too, if you don't mind me asking?

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

I did this too, something definitely smells off with this. I'm kind of glad it's not just me, but annoyed nonetheless too. 

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

Outside chance it could be the big thunderstorm yesterday then.

Have you tried a hard reset?  You can do this by plugging it in but turning it off, so it's on standby, and then holding the Stop button on the remote for at least 8 seconds.  The word 'Reset' will appear on the display on the front.  This will delete any settings - it's supposed to be a factory reset.

Didn't work for me, unfortunately; I hope you have better luck.

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options
Tried that too, nothing.
MisterK1
Explorer
Options

Well if I find a solution I'll post back of course.

Mystified at the moment.  Hope Samsung will comment.