Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Q90r TV + Q80r Soundbar + 4k HDR10+ Dolby Atmos Blue Ray?

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 11:11 PM)
DanielFFF
First Poster
Options

All,

I assume we are all familiar with the e-arc issue witht the Q90r. I'm trying to get around this issue with the following set up: 

TV: Samsung Q90R (supports ARC, Dolby Atmos, 4k HDR10+)
Soundbar: Samsung Q80R (supports E-ARC, Dolby Atmos)

Blue Ray: Panasonic 4k (Supports HDR10+, Dolby Atmos, E-Arc?)

I'd like to play 4k HDR10+ 60p 4:4:4 video on the TV with lossless Dolby Atmos on the speaker. I have the Blu Ray media to support this. The question is how to connect everything so it works and gets around the Q90r TV e-arc issue. 

I understand that the Q80r soundbar has a 4k HDR10 passthrough. However, I do not know if the passthrough supports HDR10+ or 60p 4:4:4, which my Blu Ray player does. Does anyone know more about the q80r passthrough? Does it do 4K HDR10+ at 60p 4:4:4? Because those are the specs of my Blu Rays and the Blu Ray player. 

If the passthrough does NOT support 60p format, then is the only option to split the video and audio signals through separate HDMIs from my Blu Ray player? (It has that function).

Thanks guys

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

I have not tried to passthrough a HDR10+ source yet because my only option is Amazon Prime video on Apple TV but they are also having problems with getting their app to work properly and even if it worked it would not be 4:4:4 chroma, only 4:2:2. My only advice for your setup would be to use only ultra high speed 8K 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 cables for connections. I thought all HDMI cables were created equal but that is no longer the case. These new video/audio formats need so much bandwidth! Apple sells a relatively inexpensive Belkin brand cable like this on their website.

0 Likes