Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with updating HW-S40T Soundbar ?

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 11:47 AM)
begesi
Student
Options

HI,

I just got HW-S40T Soundbar but I'm not able to upgrade it even though I'm following the steps given by Samsung. I tried various USB brands (SanDisk 3.0 and other less known brands) but still, I can't get it upgraded.

Any suggestions, please? 

Maybe the USB brand that works and the type (2.0 or 3.0)?

2 REPLIES 2
lh92
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. I've  tried using various USB devices and powering on and off at different times etc. 

When I plug in the USB device and then power on, the voice over just says "bluetooth" or "digital optical". Then it just sits there and does nothing. 

Maybe there's a way to force it to look at the USB? Or perhaps a particular format of USB that is required. I'm using FAT32 and just have the .bin file in the root folder.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

On a sidenote is there a way to find out what current version the soundbar is running? 

0 Likes
begesi
Student
Options

hey!

indeed its unbelievable how a big player like Samsung has made such poor updating procedure for this product! its true that the audio voice 'speaking' doesn't tell the FMW in which the soundbar is, so even after doing the procedure you have to take for granted that the FMW was upgraded.

I had some calls with their support in my region, and I managed to find out how to do it.

Where to get the file to do it via USB, its on this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082755/

Note that to get the file, you should go to the Samsung page of your country. For example for my case www.samsung.be and then get the file.

By mistake I was getting the file from Samsung.com and that was for US and didn't work with my Soundbar bought in Belgium.

When you get the file, you get also the procedure how to do it. Follow those steps carefully and it should be good at the end :smiling-face:

0 Likes