Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Hello! Found a problem with my earphone jack.

(Topic created on: 08-08-2019 01:13 PM)
gesstem
First Poster
Options

Lately my Sansung A5 2017's earphone jack won't work. I plug in the earphones that came with the device, but no audio can be heard. The phone shows me that the earphones are plugged in, and even an audio file is playing. At first I thought it was just my earphones, but I tried to plug in an AUX cord for my speakers and I was met with the same problem. When I plug it out, the audio file stops, like it always does, and when I press play it plays again through my phone's speaker. It only doesn't work when I plug anything into the jack. Could it be a software malfunction?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@gesstem: Which app(s) are you using when the issue occurs? When you plug in your headphones and press the Volume Up button on the side of the phone, does a volume slider appear on screen? If you tap on the drop down arrow in the top right of the volume slider, are the Media and System sliders at a suitable level? If they are, and you have tried multiple sets of headphones in the device, then please visit a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect your A5. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@gesstem: Which app(s) are you using when the issue occurs? When you plug in your headphones and press the Volume Up button on the side of the phone, does a volume slider appear on screen? If you tap on the drop down arrow in the top right of the volume slider, are the Media and System sliders at a suitable level? If they are, and you have tried multiple sets of headphones in the device, then please visit a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect your A5. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

0 Likes
gesstem
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

Hello! Thank you for your response!

The app I use is Samsung Music app, and yes, when I press the Volume Up button, a volume slider appears. Everything seems to be working like it should when I check, except for the audio. My device behaves as if the jack worked properly, but... It doesn't.

I'll visit the nearest Samsung Support Centre if nothing else I try doesn't work. Thank you!

0 Likes