Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones

(Topic created on: 17-04-2021 10:05 PM)
Db627
Pioneer
Options
Just wondering is it normal to hear a small clicking noise In headphones when audio stops and starts 
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What device are the headphones plugged into? Laptop? Tablet or Smartphone? It would help if you said at least that much or a specific model. Some computers disable their intel audio codec until it is needed so you do get a click or pop when it comes on. Realtek audio codecs do the same but without the evident noise.

It's feasible for a tablet or smartphone to do similar.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Depends if its actually clicking or if it's just turning off the driver. When the driver is on you get a very quiet hum, barely audible, but when it turns on and off, in comparison to complete silence you may interpret this rapid change in noise as a click.
Db627
Pioneer
Options
Yes samsung a50
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Definitely codec power saving. There's similar from my Samsung A7 tablet, I have very sensitive hearing. It is a brief pop but not overly intrusive. I guess how loud the pop is to you depends what volume you have your headphones at. I have mine quite low at about 40%. There is a faint hiss in the background during quiet moments of audio playback
Db627
Pioneer
Options
Yeah exactly
0 Likes