Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI TV ARC stopped working

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 08:11 AM)
iando
Explorer
Options

I have a Samsung Harman Kardon soundbar (less than a year old) and a 55" Q70T QLED (also less than a year old).

I have a lot of trouble in the past with the bluetooth connection, so gave up and connected the two via HDMI. It was working, but today it stopped all of a sudden. I now cannot get it working again. I have tried:

- Turning both off an on. 
- Reset both the TV and Soundbar
- Tried a new cable (brand new 8k HDMI cable)

The soundbar isn't showing up in the output list in the settings on the TV, so it is as if it isn't even registering that anything is in the port. I am using the HDMI 3 port which is the ARC port. 

Any ideas? I am very disappointed in general with this TV/Soundbar set-up. For the price I paid, I shouldn't have to post to this community as much as I have.

8 REPLIES 8
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@iando 

hello

try visiting

Settings →  Sound → Sound Output → 🔉"TV + Soundbar"  

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

As mentioned, the soundbar isn't showing up at all in the Sound Output list. I can only see TV Speaker, Optical and Bluetooth. 

It is as though it isn't even registering the soundbar as an external device.

millerman
Voyager
Options
Had a similar problem. Abandoned the ARC idea and stuck with optical. I reset TV and HK sound bar and set up as if new.
0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

Hasn't worked for me. I tried to go back to BT, but immediately had issues agin where it kept disconnecting. 

0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

Anyone from Samsung want to offer any ideas?

0 Likes
JLPRC
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. SAMSUNG please provide solution! 

0 Likes
ComoQ
Student
Options

Same problem here with my Q80

We just got done setting up our new Q80b 65” and have had some difficulty running the ARC to our Yamaha V473.  The ARC only works with the YouTube App.  The only way all the apps, (Netflix, Prime, etc) work is with the PCM option enabled on the TV.  I have read both goods and bads about this. I have tried the following.

•updates the TV

•turned on/off arc multiple times 

•reset the receiver 

• purchased a new HDMI cable 

still unsure why everything else doesn’t work with the ARC, and any help would greatly be appreciated here.

Thank you

0 Likes
Irrah
First Poster
Options

Yes, exactly same setup, same problem. Can some one confirm that some one has seen hk bar in the list of TV setup? Utterly frustrating.

0 Likes