Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Samsung

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 07:37 PM)
Sponni
Student
Options

After many years of being loyal to Samsung I have to give up. after purchasing probably around 20 Samsung phones for family and employees, along with around 12 TVs, Samsung laptop and most recently a Samsung Soundbar I will try to sell all of it and switch to another brand. Probably LG but still researching.

The reason is... nothing ever just works with Samsung. It always requires some tinkering, forum searches, Youtube watching... just to try to get things to work without problems. Most recently this K950 Soundbar,  I looked so much forward to this thing. But after having it for over a year now I am about to kill myself in frustration.  Back speakers and Subwoofer always lose connection. There is no way to play musing on it as connecting to Bluetooth is so random, one time it works, next time it doesn't. Connecting to Wifi is like gnawing your own arm of.. or just as painful. Constant error messages on ***** android apps on my Samsung phones when trying to get the Wifi going or connecting some music to it.

Having a party or a dinner with friends is such a terrible experience as I never know if the speakers will play. The Soundbar never wakes up when the TV is turned on (unless I reset the whole thing which I have done soooo often). Then it works for a while and then stops working. Don't even get me started on ARC on HDMI...  Arrrgghhhh.  Then there is Dolby Atmos.

This product is sooooo fffiing bad that it has killed Samsung as a brand for me.

I have in my home 4x Samsung smart TVs of the same type.  Only some of them carry a full network speed and 1 or 2 of them always have problems and then slowing the network speed way down so watching streaming content is almist impossible.

So,  thank you for the past decade but I have to try to keep my mental health, and it has no been proven that it is not possible with Samsung products anywhere close.

Good bye and good luck with your future endeavours.

6 REPLIES 6
Initialinstinct
Explorer
Options
what is this a publicity stunt 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Bail3y
Explorer
Options
goodbye
AM4N
Voyager
Options
no one else has issues, if you are happy with another brand, then farewell! One customer doesn't make a difference.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
never had an issue with samsung.. could be I have more patience with technology than most people or that I am able to adapt quite quickly to changes in technology

I'm sure that samsung problems will be mirrored in other technologies
0 Likes
Sponni
Student
Options

Yeah, sorry guys that I vented my frustrations here.  I have had a bit of time to cool down.  But still, There are so many problems always popping up on this thing,  stuff that one was dealing with 10 years ago. But tech today should be so much more intuitive and easier to deal with. It seems to be that way with most other tech stuff I come across. But this thing just doesn't work, the WIFI doesn't work, the speakers always lose connection after a few days. ARC doesn't work with my 75" Samsung TV so I always have to turn the Soundbar on manually and then go to the TV settings to change to it away from the built in speakers.  this is just so awful.

I have cooled a bit but the fact remains...  so I will be very scared to buy Samsung in the future, especially any speaker setups.   😞  And I really want to be invested in one tech environment if possible, and up to now it was Samsung.

leggera16
Apprentice
Options
I just got a Lenovo legion duel phone and it makes you realise the pap you've been putting up with.

512gb rom 16gb ram 365+ processor. 5000mah battery with 90w charging. 30 minutes my cell is full and lasts easily 24hrs.

I've had charging problems since the s6. this new phone just works. Other companies are taking over. my s9 just keeps overheating since the last update and runs for 4 hours per charge. Time to move on and see what else is on offer
0 Likes