Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-sync + Dolby Atmos on Q90R TV and HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 02:35 PM)
Mambros84
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have my RTX 3090 connected to the Q90R TV HDMI port 4 (this is to enable G-sync on it) and the HW-Q90R soundbar is connected to the TV HDMI eArc port 3.

I managed to get G-sync but I can't get the Dolby Atmos enabled. The most I managed to get is the Atmos for Headphones on my PC while any Atmos sound option is greyed out on the TV settings.

I also tried to plug pc-TV and PC-soundbar separately, but I can't manage to get any sound out of it (windows test sound plays looking at the volume on the screen, but no sound is actually coming out from the soundbar). 

Does anybody have any idea of what I could do? It seems a bit weird as I saw this is something doable with other TV brands

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Martinez84
First Poster
Options
I don't think Samsung TV supports Dolby Atmos. I have q900r 8k no support. Dolby Digital yes but no to Dolby Atmos. All other brands have it but no Samsung it would cost them something like under £2 for licence per TV.
0 Likes
Mambros84
Apprentice
Options

What should I do then to use it? Is there any particular setup to enable it directly on the soundbar? 

0 Likes
Martinez84
First Poster
Options
I probably would say to bypass TV and connect your sound to soundbar directly or any other sound box which supports Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision. I know it sounds bad paying big money for the TV already and then spending more to get Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision.
0 Likes
Mambros84
Apprentice
Options

I found a solution here after over a year of searching

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VAC_vRly5sk&feature=share 

It seems that Windows 10 does not send out Dolby digital signal through HDMI and this fix will force it to do so. 

After running all the procedure the Dolby Digital icon becomes available on the Q90R TV, however I am still unable to select the Dolby Digital Plus even though it's the format I installed as per guide. 

Any other idea about it? 

0 Likes
Martinez84
First Poster
Options
Yes that's right you need to send sound in the right format first or your amplifier/sound box must be able to convert it for you. It's a shame that Sammy TV is not supporting Dolby Atmos atm. In your case I would try different hdmi cable or have a look at sending sound on separate cable like S/PDIF or optical cable from your pc should be on your motherboard.
0 Likes