Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freestyle connectivity

(Topic created on: 19-05-2023 06:00 AM)
catflap
Navigator
Options

How do I physically connect my Samsung 3D Blu-ray player as well as external USB drives to my freestyle projection TV? Not wirelessly. Not with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. But actually physically.

Go to solution
55 REPLIES 55
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok thanks for the update, it must be frustrating especially with there being mixed views and reviews out there but always better to check with Tech Support first. I look forward to your update
catflap
Navigator
Options

Ok it's just as I thought. I spoke to an actual technician who confirmed that an ext drive can't be connected to the freestyle because the freestyle needs a media player. I thought it had one as I can stream from my tab/phone/laptop but it actually uses the player in the other device.

He recommended 2 different micro HDMI to HDMI adapters and said I should be able able to access a usb thumb drive or ext drive in the BD player. I do have a 4xUSB hub in case the player can handle multiple connected usb. If not, at least I should be able to access a single HDD or thumb drive.

I'll report back next week when I have the adapters.

And I will also look around for a BenQ or Epson or other laser projector with built-in ports or ability to connect a multiport adapter.

Thanks for your's and everyone's help. If anyone has any other ideas or solutions please let me know. I'll report back next week. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Johnlemusic
First Poster
Options

I was able to use this something like this to pass through power and also plug in an external USB drive: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0BR3M8XHK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The freestyle supported the external USB drive and the video formats :smiling-face:

0 Likes
bartekb85
Apprentice
Options
have you checked it and it works?
what video files it plays and in which player
0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

I have just ordered Anker PowerExpand 8 in 1 hub. I will report back with my results when I have it in a day or two.

0 Likes
catflap
Navigator
Options

I have just ordered Anker PowerExpand 8 in 1 hub. I will report back with my results when I have it in a day or two.

catflap
Navigator
Options

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm sure there will be a solution, I'd be surprised if there isn't. Good luck 👍🤞
0 Likes
bartekb85
Apprentice
Options
ok thanks a lot i will wait
0 Likes
bartekb85
Apprentice
Options

maybe try to use some smart tv adapter that has the ability to connect a disk or a microsd card, if it exists?

0 Likes