Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Updates for Samsung HW-S50B Soundbar

(Topic created on: 28-02-2024 12:11 PM)
davedee
Explorer
Options

I recently purchased the above soundbar for my Samsung 43 CU8500 TV. All appears to be working OK; but only OK ?  Could it need a firmware upgrade ?  I see online that there is an Upgrade File available, dated Aug. 28  2023. 

However, I just cannot work out how to download the zipped file, open and extract what I need for the soundbar etc. etc.  Therefore , my question is, is there anyway that I can ascertain whether my soundbar has the latest upgrade (i.e. Aug 28  2023) ?    If so, I can look at other scenarios and can, thankfully, forget about trying to master upgrading firmware by USB !!

Any help much appreciated. Dave.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
davedee
Explorer
Options

James, many thanks for your time; appreciated. Yes, I  will try the USB method when my Micro USB adaptor arrives today from Amazon. I did, a couple of times earlier this week, download the latest  update file, saved it to a memory stick, and then it all went wrong .... well I think it did. Not sure what I was expecting but I pressed “Extract Here” to unzip the folder. I think I was expecting a list of individual files which I needed to select any, or just one of, for the HW-S50B to stay on the memory stick. I cannot remember what result my PC produced, but I think it was a file that I think was much larger in size than I one I downloaded .... to be expected ?  As you can tell, I am not used to zipped files !

I want to look at the firmware aspect, because the sound on starting the TV up is taking longer to come through each time I switch on; it was just a couple of seconds, it is now nearer 10 seconds followed by a couple of split seconds absence in sound.

Thanks, Dave.

0 Likes
davedee
Explorer
Options

James, have just downloaded it and extract it, and the file I now have is a Bin file, and is 3,232 KB in size and has a date of 28 Aug 2023 (the date on the Samsung site when the last update was produced).  So, all looks as if this is the correct file, but I do not recognise the file extension of .bin. Can anyone confirm that this is the file I use to upload to the soundbar ?

Thanks, Dave.

0 Likes
davedee
Explorer
Options

Many thanks for all the help provided. I now have the update file on a usb stick. Samsung support confirmed the file I have is the correct one. However, now I am stuck .... online guidance talks of usung a "Micro USB to USB adapter Cable" and the soundbar micro USB port says "USB (5V0.5A)". When I go to purchase this micro USB adapter cable I cannot find one (for example, on Amazon) which states anything similar to "USB (5V0.5A)".  What am I missing ?  I am not at all techie minded, so any help in helping me to find the correct micro USB adapter will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Dave.

0 Likes