Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the Samsung N950 soundbar to include ceiling speakers

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 12:16 AM)
Michael Heneghan
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to extend the speaker set to add two ceiling speakers? If so, which speakers are compatible with the device? Has anyone attempted this with success? Would love to hear what you did.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Connect wireless speakers to your Samsung soundbar for surround sound

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049236/
0 Likes
Michael Heneghan
First Poster
Options

Thanks @xSteveuk but that only discusses adding rear speakers as opposed to ceiling speakers. The rear speakers are too thick and have upward firing speakers making them not suitable for the ceiling

0 Likes
Michael Heneghan
First Poster
Options

Just spoke with Samsung UK support and there are no compatible speakers for ceilings 

0 Likes
Grobbins48
First Poster
Options

I have the Q850T and want to substitute the two rear speakers with in ceiling speakers, using the same wireless surroundsound module.  In theory I think this should work fine, but I noticed the impedance of the Samsung surround speakers is 3ohms and most in ceiling are around 8ohms.  Thought?  

0 Likes
GGray
First Poster
Options

I know a way of adding ceiling speakers but only for listening to music. I have not looked at tv output.

If you have Alexa you can have two cheap plug in listening devises and pair each one to the blue tooth speakers. Then great a group. I am sure you more focused on the TV so probably not useful but an interesting work around 

0 Likes