Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC update for Samsung N850 and N950

(Topic created on: 19-04-2020 07:35 PM)
fnikols
Apprentice
Options

I want an eARC firmware update for the Sasmsung N850/N950 soundbars. After I spent close to 1000€ on a soundbar that advertises itself as having Dolby Atmos/DTSX support I think I deserve an official answer.

I've spent over 2500€ on a samsung TV and soundbar and I'll never touch any of their products again if they don't provide the support this kind of high end product deserves.  

14 REPLIES 14
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options

We cant get this update on the newest Q90R, and do you really hope to get it on your older  N950? 
Forget about this. 

0 Likes
fnikols
Apprentice
Options

If that was everyones consumer mentality we would all be doomed.

Of cource I expect from a company to own up to the feature set it advertised for a product that is still selling and under warranty.

voodoochild1974
Pioneer
Options

Last word (Samsung rep to a reviewer) was the 2019 high-end stuff was getting a part eArc update in May 2020,

something to do with inline with new models getting launched.

It will prob not be the full thing, prob a basic version....no idea, also with the virus will Samsung delay yet again, and, well, it's Samsung....so maybe never.

One thing for sure, if nothing lands in the next month or two, I am done with the company, they have really lost the way, what with things promised/hinted at/lack of features others now do/over-inflated prices and customer service of "no comment/keep checking for updates/we do not know of any issues/that is not covered in the warranty... it's cosmetic"

My how the mighty have fallen.

fnikols
Apprentice
Options

Sony has released eARC updates for their 2018 soundbars ZF9 and ST5500 since 2018.

I guess they are magicians of something... or maybe they are commited to supporting their customers. 

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

Did you have a direct quote on this, or was it said privately? Seeing the files from the HW-Q90r compared to the HW-N950 firmware, it even seems that the update might be already there, but I wouldn't have the courage to flash, as I don't trust them to. stop the flashing if the file is not appropriate.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/After-the-HW-Q90r-eARC-update-I-did-a-little-digging...

voodoochild1974
Pioneer
Options

It was from a tech blogger and just seen he has now removed that tweet so my guess is after he chased it up he got a NO.

Sony can do it with 2.0 but seems Samsung just wants you to spend more on another.

0 Likes
PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

It wasn't only from a tech blogger. People from the store I got it from told me it would get it. One of them got it with that expectation too.

You can see in the thread that Samsung representatives also have the N850 an we're expecting this too. That's not the idea from a single tech blogger.

0 Likes
Graham57
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG MUST PROVIDE AN ANSWER TO GENUINE CUSTOMER QUESTIONS REGARDING AN E-ARC FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE HIGH END HW-N950 SOUNDBAR IF THEY WISH TO UPHOLD HIGH STANDARDS AT SAMSUNG

Corwin
Apprentice
Options

Did Somebody has allready An answer from Samsung about E-ARC for 850 and 950?

0 Likes