Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC update bricked my HW-Q80R - Any help appreciated

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 07:21 AM)
dtbrown
Apprentice
Options

So today noticed eARC on soundbar when turned on.  Also noticed no audio and my google TV via HDMI 1 wasn't being recognized.  I did some trouble shooting and noticed won't connect to WIFI or BT either.  Also my TV won't recognize the ARC signal.  Did hard reset with holding - and + volume along with hard power reset and nothing.   So downloaded update VER 1012.6 to USB and sound bar won't recognize the USB or the file.  I tried putting update in root directory of the USB and even tried in the root main folder and still won't recognize the update.  

At this point done more than samsung support even suggested and submit an inquiry for service.  I'm just out of warranty by a month so hoping Samsung will recognize their update bricked my soundbar.  Any other suggestions are appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
millerman
Voyager
Options
Had a similar problem with my HW- Q80R. Didnt update but eventually after experimenting I seemed to have a stable eARC connection.
0 Likes
dtbrown
Apprentice
Options

Do you recall what you try that worked? As of now I cannot get any volume output or volume control. The only thing that works is switching between sources and settings, and it will power on and off via Arc.

0 Likes
millerman
Voyager
Options
I think if I recall I reset the TV and the soundbar and started from scratch. Sorry.
PhantomYoda
First Poster
Options

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm 2 years out of warranty and did a USB firmware update. It accepted 2 of the 3 files and is now doing exactly what yours was doing (no sound, wifi, bt, will cycle through sources and settings, will not recognize USb).

So far Samsung has said to do the same init ok reset but I've done that about 20 times and no change. 

0 Likes