Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC Issues on the HW-Q950T

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 10:36 AM)
ThomasBland
First Poster
Options

Hey there

As it stands, the HW-Q50T only passes the compressed version of Atmos (its Dolby Digital Plus rather than TrueHD) and cannot handle DTSX/ DTS-HD MA at all via eArc.  When will eArc be corrected to support lossless audio? Currently its basically just Arc on the bar, rather than eArc. Seeing as eArc is an advertised feature, why is not a top priority for Samsung to acknowledge and provide a clear time frame for a fix? I've seen on various forums that that Samsung is aware of the problem, and 'are working on a solution'. I've also read that Samsung are notorious for saying stuff like this, and a solution ends up taking forever or never arrives (They promised an eArc upgrade for the HW-n950 which never materialised.  The statement " we working towards a solution" usually means the next incarnation might get it but yours certainly won't). What king of time frame are we looking at? 

2 REPLIES 2
TheScotsman
First Poster
Options

Really want to know about this as well! Set up my Q900T today to pair with my Q95T, connected an ultra high speed HDMI between the eARC ports on both, excitedly put on a film with Atmos...couldn’t get it to work. So tried another film with DTS-HD MA annnnd no quality audio for that either. I believe all the TV and SB settings are correct? Am I doing something wrong or it is an software issue??

PrMinisterGR
Pioneer
Options

After the 1017.5 update you should get uncompressed bitstreamed formats (DTS:MA/X and TrueHD/Atmos).

The soundbar does not support multi-channel PCM from any port, either via eARC or directly. This still stands even after the 1017.5 update.

This also means that you cannot play any video game using Atmos unless you transcode somewhere in the chain, as games use Dolby MAT which is metadata over multi-channel PCM. Previous soundbars were working perfectly.