Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby TrueHD and eARC on Samsung Q80R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 02:20 PM)
Mike_krk
Explorer
Options

Hi, since few days I am an owner of a Samsung HW-Q80R soundbar in pair with Philips 55OLED854 SmartTV. Searching the Internet back and forth I found no certain answer to the following problems:

1. Does Samsung HW-Q80R has ARC or eARC?
2. Does it support Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD?
3. If it does not have eARC, is it possible for Samsung to change it to eARC via firmware update?
4. Does it support DTS-HD or DTS-Master?

I also saw these topics:
and

And I do wonder: if I own a SmartTV with Netflix app installed (so TV is the only source), how can I "connect my source directly to soundbar and soundbar output to tv, so Sound will go out of soundbar without any lag, and video will pass through to tv"? Is it even possible in my configuration? What should I do to get the bes possible audio quality?

Best regards!
Mike
0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71
Joseph_Elery
First Poster
Options

This is so confusing. Here's my setup:

LG Oled C9

Samsung HW-Q90r

AppleTV 4K

Belkin UHD HDMI

TV and bar confirms Dolby Atmos and Vision are playing.  The sound is amazing and picture is stunning with no disconnect on firmware 1007.9.  So what am I missing on this forum?

0 Likes
Soul_
Pioneer
Options

@Joseph_Elery wrote:

This is so confusing. Here's my setup:

LG Oled C9

Samsung HW-Q90r

AppleTV 4K

Belkin UHD HDMI

TV and bar confirms Dolby Atmos and Vision are playing.  The sound is amazing and picture is stunning with no disconnect on firmware 1007.9.  So what am I missing on this forum?

It is not about just playing Atmos, because I am doing that right now. It is about lossless uncompressed Atmos, and Atmos from realtime sources like console and PC during gaming without LipSync issues.

0 Likes