Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Connectivity - detecting not connecting

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 08:32 AM)
Daisysdad1970
First Poster
Options

I have a BD-J5900 Blu-ray player and a new Virgin Media Hub 3 0. Initially the Blu-ray connected wirelessly without issue but then inexplicably stopped connecting to WiFi. I believe the issue is probably to with Virgin firewall. I should state that wired LAN connection for Blu-ray works fine I'd just rather connect wirelessly. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Afternoon @Daisysdad1970 ,

do you have any other devices connected to this network? Have you tried to reach the network provider to see if there is any setting enabled that is stopping the Blu-Ray player from connecting to this? 

0 Likes
Daisysdad1970
First Poster
Options

We have 2 mobile phones and an Amazon Fire tablet connected. The Blu-ray does detect the network but will not connect when I input the security key. I have it on a wired connection with the Hub currently which works fine. I contacted Virgin via their community page but so far no resolution. The Hub 3.0 has an intelligent WiFi function my gut tells me it's something to do with this. Until I can actually speak to someone post lockdown I figure this remains unresolved. 

0 Likes