Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop Amazon Alexa Multi-Room / Speaker Group support on Alexa enabled Samsung Sound Bars

(Topic created on: 24-06-2021 11:39 PM)
nboxley
First Poster
Options

Its great that I can use my Samsung Q950T sound bar with Alexa however is it very frustrating that I cannot use the soundbar inline with all my echo devices. It would be amazing to be able to play the same audio (for example; music from spotify or a radio station from Tune in) either through out my home or areas of my home where there is more than one echo device and/or Alexa enabled device.

Amazon have already have the SDK documentation online (link below) to be able to develop this feature, so why not provide this and bring an even greater experiance from Samsung to their customer.

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/mrm/multi-room-music-sdk-overview.html

13 REPLIES 13
Flatball Matt
Student
Options

I would like this feature also!

Felipon
Apprentice
Options

Please! We really need this feature in Samsung soundbars Q70T and QXXXT! The multiroom feature is awesome with another Alexa speakers...

dbiggs
First Poster
Options

Any updates on this? Alexa multi room support would be a great feature. 

Felipon
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has not yet resolved this problem... In USA they have the same Alexa Multiroom sound problem with R1 speakers, and all 2021/2022 sound bars: Q70T, Q850t... Can you fix this? Please we need the Alexa Multiroom integration for Samsung speakers!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If this feature were to be activated it would be an absolute game changer...pretty please?  I can guarantee you significantly increased revenue from this customer if Samsung fixes the Alexa multi-room compatibility feature.  I bought and tried out the Polk React and the JBL 5.0 bar which both claim to be compatible with Alexa multiroom but the Polk just simply didn't work, and the JBL was discoverable and functional as an Alexa speaker but would the Alexa app wouldn't allow me to add it to any speaker groups or my "Everywhere" multi-room group.  Why can't Google, Amazon, Samsung and everyone else just play nice in the same sandbox and quit sabotaging compatibility across devices so we can move on and continue to innovate?

0 Likes
Rakes
First Poster
Options

I am in great need of this functionality as well - a full year of frustration trying to get several Alexa devices working together along with my (expensive) Soundbar.

On a related note - is this a common problem—?  When I play music on on one of my Alexa devices (different room), and then command Alexa to play music on the soundbar, it will either ignore me, or the soundbar revert back to what was playing on the most recent Alexa device.   I think its related to using Spotify, and not having the Soundbar as part of the Alexa group, but still troubleshooting this….

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

That problem also stems from the lack of cooperation with regards to software compatability between Samsung and Amazon.  Samsung has at least attempted to work with other major players as shown via SmartThings.  Amazon refuses to work in a reasonable fashion with other players in the marketplace and in doing so is inhibiting advancement and flat out pissing off consumers.

0 Likes
Eddie Yip
First Poster
Options

I have a SB801B and it seems like it is still an issue.  Why on earth it is Alexa supported but not considered as a speaker to be setup in a group.  This really put me off.  

I have contacted the customer supoprt and they have convirmed that NO, the soundbar does not support multi room play nor add into speaker group.  You are welcome, Samsung. 

0 Likes
jazlaan
First Poster
Options

this truly is bizarre, my $300 yamaha does it just fine

0 Likes