Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackle/pop sound when switching tiles on Samsung TV (UE49MU8000) with HW-Q80R soundbar

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 04:05 PM)
MaxR2407
Apprentice
Options

For the most part the audio from the soundbar is fine when watching a movie and whatnot. However when I 'move' around in the Youtube app or between the tiles on the TV menu, there is this constant pop/crackle. Funnily enough, if I switch fast enough it does not occur but if I wait for a bit and then move it happens. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MaxR2407 ,

let's have a look into this together! How do you have these devices connected? Are you using the Youtube app, browsing or screen mirroring from a different device?

0 Likes
MaxR2407
Apprentice
Options

Hi there! 

The devices are connected through HDMI ARC (connectbox from the TV). It's the youtube app, so no cast or mirror. It's not an isolated issue within the app, it's also apparent during switching tiles (e.g. from one app to the other) and I have also noticed it when switching through tiles/menus on my Xbox One. 

Funnily enough if I switch/move fast enough it doesn't occur, but if I linger on one tile for a bit and then switch then it occurs. 

Sound from the soundbar in every other scenario is perfectly fine (except for the subwoofer probably not performing as it should, but I should reserve that for another thread). 

Thanks! 

0 Likes