Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting TV to Soundbar via Wi-Fi

(Topic created on: 19-09-2022 08:45 AM)
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Has anyone got any experience connecting their Soundbar to their TV via Wi-Fi ? I've got a new S801B soundbar and a 2020 model Samsung TV but can't seems to suss it out ?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Turn your soundbar on .. then goto the settings on your TV and navigated to sound setup. From there you should be able to choose your sound set up.
Have your sound bar volume turned up as you can always turn it down once you have it working.
0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for that Pete, yeah tried all that but nothing, think it must be something to do with my Router.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Don't think it will be the router as it's between your TV and soundbar. Make sure the soundbar has the correct settings for WiFi. As some can be wired, some can have Bluetooth, and some can have WiFi.

Some can have all. But won't show up unless the correct setting is chosen.

My soundbar is HMDI, wireless, and Bluetooth. HMDI is the default with wireless for the TV. As its all connected to a virgin media box.
0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
OMG I've been faffing around with this thing for 2 days now and it's driving me round the bend ... can't connect my TV to it via WiFi. Can't get Alexa to work ... I've uninstall, reinstalled, turned off, turned on, reset router, deregistered Alexa device, re-registered, absolutely fed up and returning it 😩😩
0 Likes